Share My Creation [B4X] [TOOL][SOURCE] lm Snippets Manager

I definitely want to speed up the development of my softwares; I decided to develop a very useful snippets manager.

Although the main purpose is to have all your snippets at your fingertips, saved in a local db, cataloged and easy to find, I have also added the possibility of inserting those that are on b4x.com and also a link to their page.

I am sure that it will also be of use to all the members of our beautiful community.

I'll fill it with my own snippets, as I'm sure you will too, but also the best and most useful ones that are on site.

New version, 3.1.0 (see this post).

NEW Version 3.0.0 - 07/19/2022 - Replaced the import-export part.

Version 2.3.0 - 03/29/2022 - Added import-export.

Version 2.2.0 - Added "wildcards" to filter for snippet name. Also added ToolTipTexts. See post #86.

Version 2.1.0 - Added a very useful list of most recent snippets used (window always on top). See post #40.

Ready 2.0.0 version, which implements the feature shown in
post #34, code highlighting (which had a hard to solve bug).

Source code - Min. donation: 16 euros.
Obviously you are not allowed to publish/sell the lmSnippetManager source code.

NOTE: to create the stand-alone (exe) version, use:
Download OpenJDK 14.0.1
EDIT: see this post. You have to add javafx folder to that OpenJDK 14.0.1.

Made with love in B4X... of course!!!

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This tool is having great success 🤔; despite this, I think I could make improvements.

To start, I could add translate all the texts into French, Spanish, Portuguese, German... although I know that you, like me, are used to English versions.

How about?

.....................................................................................................
indica.gif
:)

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a tool that should be on every computer, even in homes where... there are no programmers 😄

So why haven't you asked me for it at least 100 of you? :) (one of you asked me but he must have been scared because to download it I replied that he would have done it from my Google Drive, having to have a gmail, so; or in the meantime he is dead 🤣)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am also interested in a B4A version ☺
I think it would be of interest to a very few people; what good would it do on a smartphone if you can't pass the snippet to the IDE? Sure, you could do that too, but if you have the IDE open, obviously it's more useful to have the desktop version of the Manager.

Furthermore, the logic and db management part is minimal; the major work is on the GUI, which for mobile devices should be completely write from scratch.

If other requests come (I don't think)... maybe.

angel_

Licensed User
Longtime User
This update is great, I've been using this tool for a few days and I'm very happy, congratulations