Share My Creation [B4X] [TOOL][SOURCE] lm Snippets Manager

I definitely want to speed up the development of my softwares; I decided to develop a very useful snippets manager.

Although the main purpose is to have all your snippets at your fingertips, saved in a local db, cataloged and easy to find, I have also added the possibility of inserting those that are on b4x.com and also a link to their page.

I am sure that it will also be of use to all the members of our beautiful community.

I'll fill it with my own snippets, as I'm sure you will too, but also the best and most useful ones that are on site.

New version, 3.1.0 (see this post).

NEW Version 3.0.0 - 07/19/2022 - Replaced the import-export part.

Version 2.3.0 - 03/29/2022 - Added import-export.

Version 2.2.0 - Added "wildcards" to filter for snippet name. Also added ToolTipTexts. See post #86.

Version 2.1.0 - Added a very useful list of most recent snippets used (window always on top). See post #40.

Ready 2.0.0 version, which implements the feature shown in
post #34, code highlighting (which had a hard to solve bug).

Source code - Min. donation: 16 euros.
Obviously you are not allowed to publish/sell the lmSnippetManager source code.

NOTE: to create the stand-alone (exe) version, use:
Download OpenJDK 14.0.1
EDIT: see this post. You have to add javafx folder to that OpenJDK 14.0.1.

Made with love in B4X... of course!!!

Last edited:

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
I am not bothering you, but just noticed that I cannot create a separate * .exe with your program.
sorry, what method are you using to create an exe? which version of java do you use? if you want help, the community here is always willing to help, just give some more information.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Luca, I want to create a build standalone package and I get an error message. What can I do?

B4X:
'#JavaCompilerPath: 14, C:\jdk-14.0.1\bin\javac.exe
'#JavaCompilerPath: 8, C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_202\bin\javac.exe
#JavaCompilerPath: 11, C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.11\bin\javac.exe
'#JavaCompilerPath: 14, D:\B4J\SnippetManager\jdk-14.0.2_windows-x64_bin\jdk-14.0.2\bin\javac.exe
You've tried OpenJDK 14.0.2, which doesn't seem to work well.
Download OpenJDK 14.0.1 and unzip its contents like in this line:
B4X:
#JavaCompilerPath: 14, C:\jdk-14.0.1\bin\javac.exe
and it will work.
(DO NOT use Windows unzipper, use 7-zip - or WinRar but haven't tried it)

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For all licensed members registered in the last 12 months, therefore from 16 July 2020, a 50% discount (€8 instead of €16).

Furthermore, for all members, until 31 August 2021 inclusive, the price is €12 instead of €16 .

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @LucaMs , I am interested on how you develop with B4J to produce the UI for this product. Such as how to create a theme button, shadow textfield, table view, etc. My wish is you can create some B4J tutorial/video to teach me how to do it.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
to teach me how to do it.
I would first have to find someone to teach it to me 😄

I'm not very organized, in the sense that I don't have any particular personal tools or methods to create the graphical interface and I don't automatically apply some theme, I just set shadows and outlines directly in the Designer.

1627639555666.png

1627639614792.png

Then it's easy to copy and paste buttons, textfields, ... into other layouts (even easier to duplicate them in the same layout by pressing CTRL + D)

The only "special" thing is the DBSearchView, my modified version of an Erel view, SearchView.

Last edited:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would first have to find someone to teach it to me 😄

I'm not very organized, in the sense that I don't have any particular personal tools or methods to create the graphical interface and I don't automatically apply some theme, I just set shadows and outlines directly in the Designer.

View attachment 117214

View attachment 117215

Then it's easy to copy and paste buttons, textfields, ... into other layouts (even easier to duplicate them in the same layout by pressing CTRL + D)

The only "special" thing is the DBSearchView, my modified version of an Erel view, SearchView.
Thanks. I found it. The property was collapsed. Now I see it.

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can data be exported and imported? Can user backup and restore data?

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can data be exported and imported?
No. Of course I can add these features; what formats do you suggest?
If I'm not mistaken, there are no libraries on site that allow you to export-import full SQLite DBs.
It might be worth trying to develop one, but it's certainly a lot of work (evaluating relationships and then importing independent tables first, for example).
I could try but then I should make you pay "a lot" for this library 😁

Last edited:

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
For me, any text file based backup, csv, txt or sql would be good enough. I want to be able to compare different version and to restore in case my laptop drops dead.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to be able to compare different version and to restore in case my laptop drops dead.
It does not seem to me that you should compare two versions (unless I update the SW, the version will always be the same; and I have not even wrote this type of data in a table) but that you want to make a backup and recover the DB in some cases (also, for example, if you wanted to have the SW on more than one PC).

By default, as in all our SW, if at the first start it does not find the DB in the directory, it is copied from DirAssets.
I could "simply" add the possibility to make the backup (manual DB copy, I don't think of a timed functionality) and to import it, replacing the one "created" at the beginning.

The SW shows the number of snippets; eventually, before replacing the DB I could write in the "import" dialog the number of those in the backup.

Do you have a different idea?