Share My Creation [B4X] [TOOL][SOURCE] lm Snippets Manager

I definitely want to speed up the development of my softwares; I decided to develop a very useful snippets manager.

Although the main purpose is to have all your snippets at your fingertips, saved in a local db, cataloged and easy to find, I have also added the possibility of inserting those that are on b4x.com and also a link to their page.

I am sure that it will also be of use to all the members of our beautiful community.

I'll fill it with my own snippets, as I'm sure you will too, but also the best and most useful ones that are on site.

New version, 3.1.0 (see this post).

NEW Version 3.0.0 - 07/19/2022 - Replaced the import-export part.

Version 2.3.0 - 03/29/2022 - Added import-export.

Version 2.2.0 - Added "wildcards" to filter for snippet name. Also added ToolTipTexts. See post #86.

Version 2.1.0 - Added a very useful list of most recent snippets used (window always on top). See post #40.

Ready 2.0.0 version, which implements the feature shown in
post #34, code highlighting (which had a hard to solve bug).

Source code - Min. donation: 16 euros.
Obviously you are not allowed to publish/sell the lmSnippetManager source code.

NOTE: to create the stand-alone (exe) version, use:
Download OpenJDK 14.0.1
EDIT: see this post. You have to add javafx folder to that OpenJDK 14.0.1.

Made with love in B4X... of course!!!

Last edited:

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
It does not seem to me that you should compare two versions (unless I update the SW, the version will always be the same;
I want to be able to store the backup file as a source code file in github and the versions I was talking about are the different versions of the backup file, not the ones of your app. Sorry for confusing you:oops:

From time to time some people complained that source code tools such as github can't compare the designer files, .bal, .bil or . bjl files because they're not text-based files. Therefore it would be nice that your backup/restore file is text file based, such as .txt, .jso, .csv or .sql, whichever is easier for you to implement.

Do you have a different idea?
It would be great if you could just add two menu options, Backup and Restore, to allow user to manually backup and restore data. Keep it simple. :)

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know you pay for the source, but is there an actual download to the jar or not?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know you pay for the source, but is there an actual download to the jar or not?
The initial idea was to provide only the jar, not the source code. It is a useful tool and the asking price seems adequate to me. Then some have wanted the source code, for which I should have asked for more; in the end I decided to provide the source code for the same price as the jar, so it's worth getting that.

In short, if you want the jar, the donation requested is the same.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From time to time some people complained that source code tools such as github can't compare the designer files, .bal, .bil or . bjl files because they're not text-based files.
Yes, but the examples you did, .bal, .bjl, .bil, are parts of the sw, not data producted, which would not be attached to the source code of the sw itself.

Obviously you are not allowed to publish/sell the lmSnippetManager source code.

It would be great if you could just add two menu options, Backup and Restore, to allow user to manually backup and restore data. Keep it simple. :)
The simplest thing would be to allow you to save the db as it is (backup) and allow you to restore, to choose a file that replaces the db currently in use.

It would be less simple to be able to save the records of each table in a text file and allow you to import them (only those that do not already exist) but it is possible to do this too.

I'll see what to do.

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
The initial idea was to provide only the jar, not the source code. It is a useful tool and the asking price seems adequate to me. Then some have wanted the source code, for which I should have asked for more; in the end I decided to provide the source code for the same price as the jar, so it's worth getting that.

In short, if you want the jar, the donation requested is the same.
sent tx 11906409843755901

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Done.
V. 2.30 Added import-export.

230.png

Last edited:

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for the silly post but i now get this!

error: module not found: javafx.swing

I have seen posts on the forum and now have about 4 different JDKs installed, and have changed the path in both the IDE and the code and it still comes up?

Am i missing something? Most posts about it show prictures of a folder structure but no explaination (unless of course you can read italian!)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for the silly post but i now get this!

error: module not found: javafx.swing

I have seen posts on the forum and now have about 4 different JDKs installed, and have changed the path in both the IDE and the code and it still comes up?

Am i missing something? Most posts about it show prictures of a folder structure but no explaination (unless of course you can read italian!)
These versions of jdk are driving us crazy.
It seems to me that using open 14.0.1 both the compilation for the jar and for the standalone exe work (read the first post). Anyway I will give you confirmation in not long.

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
These versions of jdk are driving us crazy.
It seems to me that using open 14.0.1 both the compilation for the jar and for the standalone exe work (read the first post). Anyway I will give you confirmation in not long.

Yes I was using open 14.0.1 now i have 14.0.2, and lots more lol