Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This version includes the following improvements:
  • For Each blocks
  • Declaration and assignment in the same statement - Two new language features in the next version
  • B4A-Bridge - many stability improvements related to both Bluetooth mode and wireless mode
  • B4A-Bridge supports logging on all devices including Android 4.1+. Requires B4A-Bridge 2.07
  • Menu items will now appear in the action bar on Android 3.0+ devices
  • Default target level set to 14
  • WYSIWYG designer uses device default theme. Supports changing themes: New feature: better support for modern Android themes
  • Designer includes a new color value: DEFAULT. The meaning of this value is that the theme default color will be used.
  • Designer script new keywords make it easier to build user interfaces that scale correctly on all phones and tablets: Min, Max, AutoScale, AutoScaleAll and AutoScaleRate: New feature: AutoScale and other new designer script keywords
  • Optimized designer layout files - loading time is 3 - 4 times faster
  • MediaPlayer can play files from File.DirInternal
  • Map.Keys / Values - allows iterating over map entries with For Each
  • Panel / Activity.RemoveAllViews
  • LayoutValues.ApproximateScreenSize - returns the approximate device physical screen size
  • Sign key alias key can be changed (requires editing the settings file)
  • Activity/Panel.LoadLayout can now be used from classes
  • Camera_Preview event

Update: V2.22 is now available.
You can download this version from the same link as the previous version.

This version fixes several bugs including the InputType property not being updated by the designer.
Other changes:
  • Variant chooser method improved: variants orientation is better handled (landscape phone variants will be chosen on landscape tablets as well)
  • Activity.AddMenuItem / AddMenuItem2 on Android 3+ will add the menu items to the overflow menu
  • Activity.AddMenuItem3 allows you to choose whether to add the menu items to the action bar (if there is enough room)

Notes
  • Layout files saved in version 2.20+ cannot be loaded on older versions of the IDE
  • Libraries in the internal libraries folder have first priority (changed from previous versions)
  • B4A.xml file was updated. If you are using a custom color scheme then you can copy the relevant section to the new file.

Steven Bacchioni

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Steven,

i have the same problem - did you find a solution in the meantime?

Thanks for every hint

Tom

No I have not found a fix. I tested the latest version 2.22 and the problem is still there. As I am able to continue using the 2.02 version, I will look into this further when my projects are complete.

Upvote 0

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cannot find previous download link to get 2.22

Can you please direct me to where the V2.22 link is? I can't find the previous link. Thanks.

This version includes the following improvements:
  • For Each blocks
  • Declaration and assignment in the same statement - Two new language features in the next version
  • B4A-Bridge - many stability improvements related to both Bluetooth mode and wireless mode
  • B4A-Bridge supports logging on all devices including Android 4.1+. Requires B4A-Bridge 2.07
  • Menu items will now appear in the action bar on Android 3.0+ devices
  • Default target level set to 14
  • WYSIWYG designer uses device default theme. Supports changing themes: New feature: better support for modern Android themes
  • Designer includes a new color value: DEFAULT. The meaning of this value is that the theme default color will be used.
  • Designer script new keywords make it easier to build user interfaces that scale correctly on all phones and tablets: Min, Max, AutoScale, AutoScaleAll and AutoScaleRate: New feature: AutoScale and other new designer script keywords
  • Optimized designer layout files - loading time is 3 - 4 times faster
  • MediaPlayer can play files from File.DirInternal
  • Map.Keys / Values - allows iterating over map entries with For Each
  • Panel / Activity.RemoveAllViews
  • LayoutValues.ApproximateScreenSize - returns the approximate device physical screen size
  • Sign key alias key can be changed (requires editing the settings file)
  • Activity/Panel.LoadLayout can now be used from classes
  • Camera_Preview event
Update: V2.22 is now available.
You can download this version from the same link as the previous version.

This version fixes several bugs including the InputType property not being updated by the designer.
Other changes:
  • Variant chooser method improved: variants orientation is better handled (landscape phone variants will be chosen on landscape tablets as well)
  • Activity.AddMenuItem / AddMenuItem2 on Android 3+ will add the menu items to the overflow menu
  • Activity.AddMenuItem3 allows you to choose whether to add the menu items to the action bar (if there is enough room)
Notes
  • Layout files saved in version 2.20+ cannot be loaded on older versions of the IDE
  • Libraries in the internal libraries folder have first priority (changed from previous versions)
  • B4A.xml file was updated. If you are using a custom color scheme then you can copy the relevant section to the new file.

Upvote 0

UK Batteries

Licensed User
Longtime User
Download Link Still Old Version

Re You can download this version from the same link as the previous version.

I am not getting the new version - It is the 2.02 Version

Upvote 0

Steven Bacchioni

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

The problem is with customdialogs. Basically if you have a listview, then the listview_ItemClick does not get called until the customdialog is closed. The problem started on B4A version 2.20, 2.22 and 2.30. The event is called correctly in version 2.02.

Any help would be appreciated as I have to stick with version 2.02

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.