Android Question Breadcrumbs Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawningTruth

Licensed User
I an trying to create a breadcrumbs control like this:

I see there is no standard way to do this in B4A, so I presume I need to write it myself.

My question is, how do you create the irregular shaped chevrons without resorting to images. Any suggestions?

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
why does the click event return the list of crumbs instead of the index of the one clicked?
BreadCrumb <> random set of buttons.

The buttons represent a parent -> child path. It is like a specific path in a tree.
The last item might not be unique and it is also not more important than the other items above it.
Another advantage of passing a list in the event is that it is very simple to remove the items underneath the current one. It doesn't happen automatically.
B4X:
B4XBreadCrumb.Items = Crumbs

Upvote 0

DawningTruth

Licensed User
@Erel, I have looked at the post and have a few very basic questions:

1. How do I actually get a copy of XUI V2.10?
2. How do I setup the view? I assume I do it through the Designer.
3. Is there a way to programmatically set the color of each chevron? For instance: Level 1 = Red Alpha 255, Level 2 = Red Alpha 220, Level 3 = Red Alpha 200 etc...

Thx your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

DawningTruth

Licensed User
Thx Erel, with the example file managed to get a workable Breadcrumb up and running.

Question: How do you edit a Lib File? I see if I double click on it, it does not open in B4A. And opening from the B4A file menu it is asking for .b4a files.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…