Android Question Breadcrumbs Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawningTruth

Licensed User
I an trying to create a breadcrumbs control like this:

Creating-A-Flat-Style-Breadcrumb-With-Pure-CSS3.jpg

I see there is no standard way to do this in B4A, so I presume I need to write it myself.

My question is, how do you create the irregular shaped chevrons without resorting to images. Any suggestions?

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
why does the click event return the list of crumbs instead of the index of the one clicked?
BreadCrumb <> random set of buttons.

The buttons represent a parent -> child path. It is like a specific path in a tree.
The last item might not be unique and it is also not more important than the other items above it.
Another advantage of passing a list in the event is that it is very simple to remove the items underneath the current one. It doesn't happen automatically.
B4X:
B4XBreadCrumb.Items = Crumbs

Upvote 0

DawningTruth

Licensed User
@Erel, I have looked at the post and have a few very basic questions:

1. How do I actually get a copy of XUI V2.10?
2. How do I setup the view? I assume I do it through the Designer.
3. Is there a way to programmatically set the color of each chevron? For instance: Level 1 = Red Alpha 255, Level 2 = Red Alpha 220, Level 3 = Red Alpha 200 etc...

Thx your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

DawningTruth

Licensed User
It is attached to the first post: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-xui-views-cross-platform-views-and-dialogs.100836

2. Add it as a custom view.
3. You can set a single color and it automatically creates the two other variants. You will need to modify the source code to change each item separately.
Thx Erel, with the example file managed to get a workable Breadcrumb up and running.

Question: How do you edit a Lib File? I see if I double click on it, it does not open in B4A. And opening from the B4A file menu it is asking for .b4a files.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.