Class not found: b4a.example.customlistview, trying: b4a.p2e.customlistview

Ideas?

Thanks!

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Class not found: b4a.example.customlistview, trying: b4a.p2e.customlistview
That means that you have a project with package name: b4a.p2e Then you have a project with
with package name: b4a.example. You copied the layout that has the customlistview from b4a.p2e to the b4a.example and it did not find it. It does not hurt. But if you want the message to disappear, delete the customlistview from b4a.example layout, then recreate it and save the layout.

Upvote 0

Scotter

Licensed User
That means that you have a project with package name: b4a.p2e Then you have a project with
with package name: b4a.example. You copied the layout that has the customlistview from b4a.p2e to the b4a.example and it did not find it. It does not hurt. But if you want the message to disappear, delete the customlistview from b4a.example layout, then recreate it and save the layout.
Thanks! Searched everywhere and couldn't find any projects or layouts called "b4a.example". Any other ideas?

Upvote 0

Scotter

Licensed User
Clean your project, Remove the already existing class and download the latest one( v1.65) from here
Then goto project->Add existing module-> then choose the new customlistview you downloaded
Thank you! I appreciate you being explicit, too, since I'm still learning.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and couldn't find any projects or layouts called "b4a.example". Any other ideas?
I did not say layout or project name called: b4a.example. I said: package name called:b4a.example . Although upgrading the class from 1.20 to 1.65 is a good idea, I do not think upgrading will fix your problem. I had a similar situation like yours and to solve it, I followed the procedure I gave you in post#2.
Please post how you eventually solve your problem, no matter how you do it.

Upvote 0

Scotter

Licensed User
In the last B4A versions, xCustomListView is a included as a library.
So, no need to add the class module.
If you switch from class to library you might remove the 'old' view in the Designer and replace it by a new one.
Is it part of the XUI library? Or.. ?

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it part of the XUI library? Or.. ?
No.

It is a sepearate internal library since B4A Version 8.00.

upload_2018-12-22_8-57-8.png

Upvote 0

Scotter

Licensed User
I did not say layout or project name called: b4a.example. I said: package name called:b4a.example . Although upgrading the class from 1.20 to 1.65 is a good idea, I do not think upgrading will fix your problem. I had a similar situation like yours and to solve it, I followed the procedure I gave you in post#2.
Please post how you eventually solve your problem, no matter how you do it.
Didn't find a solution. Sorry. Will just ignore the log msg for now.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Didn't find a solution. Sorry. Will just ignore the log msg for now.
The easiest way to handle is:
1. Open the layout that has the customlistview in it.
2. Delete the customlistview and create another one with the same design as the one you deleted.
3. Save the layout. That is all.
There is no need for you to upgrade to a newer library or class at this moment because it has nothing to do with the class version and you said that the class you have is working great. Maybe later you would want to.

Upvote 0