Comprehensive Tutorial

fdx12345

Licensed User
Longtime User
Group:

I was wondering if there is any interest in a comprehensive tutorial of basic4android (not the basic for windows version) targeted for people new to programming or programming in VB. I do not know the legalities, but I would need to use most of the post with a "basic4android for dummies" type approach, ie, everything is spelled out in detail with pictures as a foundation. One would start with the basics and work toward the most complicated.

This would be a major undertaking. The results would be a book (double sided pages) several inches thick. Much of the information is already present on this site but it is scattered everywhere. On top of that, there are many important comments and/or corrections to most of the subjecct matters in the forums. All of these comments and corretions would need to be incorporated in a fluid manner.

I noticed there is an attemp at this approach with the Basic4ppc but that documentation is for the windows version not he android plus it is not nearily as detailed as I am suggesting.

Bill

cyang

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. This is what I am looking for. A community tutorial book on b4a? Sound interesting. Why stop at book? How about youtube tutorials?

Upvote 0

XverhelstX

Licensed User
Longtime User
b4android.png

yaaay :p

xverhelstX

Upvote 0

Brad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Love the idea! Only change I would make is to make it a pdf or have a pdf option.

Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm willing to write code snippets, to show the use of the language statements, variables, etc. I've done this many times for other projects and B4A is really amazing, I wouldn't mind dedicating some time.

Upvote 0

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. This is what I am looking for. A community tutorial book on b4a? Sound interesting. Why stop at book? How about youtube tutorials?

Youtube doesn't work for me when it come to tutorials because it's not as easy as just re-reading a paragraph of text when you have to pause - back up - oops too far - make adjustment - play.

Now something I can load on my Kindle I can get excited over.

Upvote 0

raytronixsystems

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would definitely be interested in such a book. Hardcopy, PDF, or e-book form would be acceptable.

Upvote 0

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
b4android.png

yaaay :p

xverhelstX

Hi Tomas,

I like your designed artwork. You are not only the best of programmer,but also you are the best of book designer.:sign0060:

Upvote 0

bgsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a great idea.
I put at your disposal, a part of the team of my company (expert translations) to translate it into Spanish, and thus reach more people in this forum. There is a large community that would appreciate having a manual in their native language (me first).

Jesus

Upvote 0