iOS Question DB3 not working in release?

thughesimsuk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an app that works perfectly in debug mode. When I run the release I cant pull any records from the db3? I don't get errors or anything just blank tables where my records normally appear in debug.

For clarification I have a db3 file that I copy from File.DirAssets into File.DirDocuments, when a user logs in. Then I use iSQL to manage the rest. Is there a permission that I need to set for release?

I have an "IOS distribution" and "IOS development" certificate as I thought that would be the issue but I have tried both and still cant the database working in release mode.

Any help would be welcome as this is costing me time now on my project.

Many thanks,

Tom

thughesimsuk

Licensed User
Longtime User
You should use iReleaseLogger to be able to see the logs in release mode and understand what happens.

Thanks Erel.

I have done as you have said but can't seem to get anything working with the logs?
I have created a firewall rule to allow port : 54323. And confirmed my desktop IP address.

I uninstall my app then I hit "Build Release App" which compiles with no errors, but the b4ilogger does not give any reports?

Upvote 0

thughesimsuk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, I will give that a go.

Hi Erel

I have installed the iosconsole and get a flood of reports now! thankyou again for the advice. I have identifed that I am getting a "Sandbox Violation" when I try to tap into the db3 for records. Any advice?

B4X:
22/03/2017, 09:36:33 kernel(Sandbox)[0]: SandboxViolation: P4A(1665) deny(1) network-outbound *:54323

Upvote 0

thughesimsuk

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you like you can upload your project and I'll test it here.

Thanks Erel. I cant post the application because it has company sensitive data. I will however make a new project with a simple table of data and see what happens when I release it. If I still encounter issues maybe I could send you that. Again I would like to give thanks to the advice and help.

Upvote 0

thughesimsuk

Licensed User
Longtime User
It works fine here.
Try to uninstall the existing app before you install the new one.

Yeah, I uninstall and still the same. Could this be an issue related to certificates? Would it be worth me trying an install on another device?

Upvote 0