Each countries has created citizen id card library for using id card detected equipment alike or not?

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there knowledge of creating citizen id card library example? I think it is useful for hospital or public locations

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
In Australia we have no citizen id card. The government tried to force one on us in the mid-80's but we didn't trust them then and we still don't trust them now eg last year's referendum knockback.

We do have a Medicare card, which I think is restricted to citizens, permanent residents, and some visa classes. And possibly also visitors from countries with which Australia has a receiprocal health agreement.

But it has no electronics. It has a magnetic stripe, plus I have heard of fixed camera-scanner + OCR being used to read the card.

Note that a card can be for multiple (related?) people eg family.

1709813836451.png

Last edited:

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In Australia we have no citizen id card. The government tried to force one on us in the mid-80's but we didn't trust them then and we still don't trust them now eg last year's referendum knockback.

We do have a Medicare card, which I think is restricted to citizens, permanent residents, and some visa classes. And possibly also visitors from countries with which Australia has a receiprocal health agreement.

But it has no electronics. It has a magnetic stripe, plus I have heard of fixed camera-scanner + OCR being used to read the card.

Note that a card can be for multiple (related?) people eg family.

View attachment 151528

An interesting kink in the system is that after my son turned 15 yo, I lost online access to his record, but at the same time you had to be 18 yo to register for online access. So for three years, if we wanted to check that eg rebates had been claimed and paid, them it was him that had to telephone them or visit in person. Crazy. Hopefully they'll fix that in time for when his sister turns 15.
wow... no ID card... not even some papers like ID ?

...hmm... do you all need to have passports - even if you are not travelling outside your country ... ?

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Same as the UK , we don't have ID cards. We can use driving licence/passport etc to prove ID if required.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In Greece new IDs having from September 2023... are RFID.. with chip...

ofcourse the half population got the previous... IDS last time - we had oldest in Greek alphabet... and the previous has latin printed... now from September you can have new only with rfid... but it has the same place as passport for europe (our old ID's not passing... latin will pass for some years and then we must change it - all)

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i envy those of you with id cards. here we have no id's; only chips
embedded where our brain used to be. we are all programmed
to receive broadcasts: eat, sleep, watch football. i wrote the
app with b4a before they removed my brain and gave me a chip.
they never paid me for my service.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Magma forgot to write that in Greece we have got a full file even for our health. The drugs prescriptions are done electronically and we can get their ID in our mobile phone and go with this in a pharmacy. Our full health file besides drugs prescriptions is updated constantly in governmental DBs and the government has just to query these DBs to know everything on us. Supposedly. This is really good and this is really bad. A 1984 film reality isn't much different than this with an exception in the sector of freedom in relation to the government.

Last edited:

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Magma forgot to right that in Greece we have got a full file even for our health. The drugs prescriptions are done electronically and we can get their ID in our mobile phone and go with this in a pharmacy. Our full health file besides drugs prescriptions is updated constantly in governmental DBs and the government has just to query these DBs to know everything on us. Supposedly. This is really good and this is really bad. A 1984 film reality isn't much different than this with an exception in the sector of freedom in relation to the government.
Last years... lost many people... (not from corona... but from chronic diseases)... so i found out that this tech not used as it needed... history of patient... is a file not used by doctors, nurses, hospitals... no doctor looking-searching what test,which treatment had the patient...

Τhough we have ID and this special number for medical/hospital uses (AMKA -> Social Security Number) - every time (have in mind that this could be - and every day or 2 times / day)... got there (at public hospitals)... had to tell the whole story of patient... again and again... again... and again... if i was at hospitals for 3 hours... 1 hour was the history of patient - written in a new paper with new guides of a doctor... and this has not to do with big or small hospital... the same logic everywhere....

This is not electronical file... of patient... this is just to justify "lost" money for our public health.... is totally fake... may be working for pharmacies (because pharmacies - not public but private companies).

* ofcourse i can understand why some doctors are not looking at this db (because many records are fake)... because some others writing test-examinations for other patients using other patients number - or make more money for private hospitals... yes... this is Greece... and this is how some doctors having pools and country house, or houses at islands....

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last years... lost many people... (not from corona... but from chronic diseases)... so i found out that this tech not used as it needed... history of patient... is a file not used by doctors, nurses, hospitals... no doctor looking-searching what test,which treatment had the patient...

Τhough we have ID and this special number for medical/hospital uses (AMKA -> Social Security Number) - every time (have in mind that this could be - and every day or 2 times / day)... got there (at public hospitals)... had to tell the whole story of patient... again and again... again... and again... if i was at hospitals for 3 hours... 1 hour was the history of patient - written in a new paper with new guides of a doctor... and this has not to do with big or small hospital... the same logic everywhere....

This is not electronical file... of patient... this is just to justify "lost" money for our public health.... is totally fake... may be working for pharmacies (because pharmacies - not public but private companies).

* ofcourse i can understand why some doctors are not looking at this db (because many records are fake)... because some others writing test-examinations for other patients using other patients number - or make more money for private hospitals... yes... this is Greece... and this is how some doctors having pools and country house, or houses at islands....

Thankfully, I did not have to check it but now that you mention it an other reason for why this must be happening just popped out of my head. The electronic file of health is 2 to 3 years at most active and thus our "history" recorded is equally 2-3 years. The doctors and the hospitals cannot make a correct judgement based on this brief history for older people - not even for us at our 40ies - and let's be honest no one can reliably update the missing history. I suppose this is the reason for what has happened. My condolences for what you have been through.

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
In the US there is no national ID card. Each state you go to the department of motor vehicles and either get a license to drive or an identity card. But unless you want to drive, no ID is required.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the US there is no national ID card. Each state you go to the department of motor vehicles and either get a license to drive or an identity card. But unless you want to drive, no ID is required.
...But i think in case for check police someone.... will ask for a number ? like Social Security Number ? right ?

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
"US citizens are not required to carry identification at all times. However, US citizens are required to have a REAL ID-compliant license or ID card when entering federal facilities, boarding commercial aircraft, and entering nuclear power plants starting May 7, 2025"

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"US citizens are not required to carry identification at all times. However, US citizens are required to have a REAL ID-compliant license or ID card when entering federal facilities, boarding commercial aircraft, and entering nuclear power plants starting May 7, 2025"
So ..how... illegal immigrants catched ?

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
So ..how... illegal immigrants catched ?
Well that's the big problem isn't it? 🤣😁😔😛😢😭 How do you prove somebody isn't a citizen when nobody is required to carry anything that proves that they are?

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well that's the big problem isn't it? 🤣😁😔😛😢😭 How do you prove somebody isn't a citizen when nobody is required to carry anything that proves that they are?
I see... :)

also... in Greece ... ID.. not required to have it anytime with you (is required to get one when 18yr old, nowdays needed from 13yrs for english or school examinations)... is not a crime not having... but needed in some public services - and in case of checks... you can bring it anytime if police ask for it...

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
illegal immigrants

nowadays we are to say undocumented, not illegal :rolleyes:

(the above satire is actually half-true: Biden did just recently apologise for referring to an undocumented immigrant charged with murder as an illegal immigrant)

Last edited: