Each countries has created citizen id card library for using id card detected equipment alike or not?

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"US citizens are required to have a REAL ID-compliant license or ID card when entering federal facilities, boarding commercial aircraft, and entering nuclear power plants starting May 7, 2025"
...This is a problem... can't live without nuclear power... i ve born with it - I ate from it... chernobyl times

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see... :)

also... in Greece ... ID.. not required to have it anytime with you (is required to get one when 18yr old, nowdays needed from 13yrs for english or school examinations)... is not a crime not having... but needed in some public services - and in case of checks... you can bring it anytime if police ask for it...
You watch the Jack reacher series or read the books? All he carries is an expired passport. He can take a bus anywhere in America but not an airplane.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You watch the Jack reacher series or read the books? All he carries is an expired passport. He can take a bus anywhere in America but not an airplane.
I will check it... as I see from trailers not a problem for him... borrow a car

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which is of course illegal because he has no driver's license 😋

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In Malaysia, it is illegal not to bring an ID card called MyKad whenever and wherever one be. Even a child below the age of 12 need to registered (not compulsory) for a MyKid (without photo printed on card).

Both cards have build-in with smartcard chip that can be read with a PC/SC compliant smartcard reader. Our passport also has a build-in chip that can be touch at the airport counter for fast check-in.

The ID card can also be use as payment card for public transport or passing toll booth with the touch capability.

The chip has other applications such as medical information and driving license but never been utilized so we still need a separate driving license card.

I have written a smartcard reader software using VB6 many years ago which can read the MyKad information and photo.

An illustration (fake) of a MyKad
1710147247332.png

Last edited:

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think... is not good... using this word... nowdays... let's say, he has a bad day that turned him to another person
Nope, I have no problem with the word illegal. In the US it means just that. You did something illegal - Against the Law. This has nothing to do with morality, right and wrong, etc. If you drive a car and go one mile over the posted speed limit, you are doing something illegal.

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
the word illegal.

I am sensing that Babylon Bee, in the process of highlighting the bias and self-contradiction of the woke mindset, agrees with you. 🤣