<Edited: New video released> An updated IDE tips video sounds like a good idea to me

Is a new video need

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,
When I first saw this video a few years ago I though it would be a good idea to have it somewhere prominent on this forum, that is still my view. Things have changed a lot since then, the IDE has changed and improved a lot and since this video was first created, for example there are more commands and methods, basically more of every.

I know that you're an very busy person and this is probably not even on your To-Do list, but I really do think that it would help new B4X users to get used to the new IDE with it's little quirks and features which are really handy to know about.

The amount of times that I've read question about the IDE that you have answered in this video is just unbelievable, for example Sub > Space > Tab and also CTRL & Space.

It would also be nice to have a HD quality video too. I know that you will probably say that everything that was mentioned in the video is in the PDF manuals, but that a hell of a lot to read through just to lean some of the key basics of the IDE.

I was showing a friends of mine the PDF manuals and two of your videos last night, that's when it suddenly hit me that the video needs updating even though the basics are still relevant today.

Old Video

Enjoy...

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy you like it. I was afraid that my Heblish speaking (Hebrew-English) will not be clear enough.

I plan to make many more videos including a complete course for people who have no experience with programming and want to learn. It will also cover more advanced topics.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How come that the menu in french seems to display parts of the edit menu items instead of the main menu items?

It seems to act normal on my local copy tho.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy you like it. I was afraid that my Heblish speaking (Hebrew-English) will not be clear enough.

I plan to make many more videos including a complete course for people who have no experience with programming and want to learn. It will also cover more advanced topics.

Your Hebrew-English is excellent, I understood every single spoken word and I was listening to music in the background at the same time.

More Videos sounds like an excellent idea Erel, definitely. In the main forum where you have 'Tutorials & Examples', maybe you could create a new section/folder in there. I personally think that you could have a new section in there called 'Video Tutorials' that only you can post videos to and maybe also that nobody else can comment on either (as all questions can then be asked in the correct questions forum for B4X IDE), keeping the videos section nice and clean with no comments to wade through. Or even better still above where you have 'B4A - Android', basically somewhere prominent that is easy to find for beginners and more experienced developers alike and somewhere that other posts can't shift the videos down the list.

Tutorial videos can help so many users, making them easily findable/viewable can be extremely important. This video already moved down the list just 6 hours after you posted it yesterday, give it a few more days and if nobody commented on it, it would have been off page one, so I personally believe that making a new section specifically for these videos would be a good idea.

Anyway this video is an excellent start, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with your account.

You should try speaking to some scoucers (native of Liverpool, England). Even I get confused speaking to some scoucers from time to time ;)

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
More Videos sounds like an excellent idea Erel, definitely. In the main forum where you have 'Tutorials & Examples', maybe you could create a new section/folder in there. I personally think that you could have a new section in there called 'Video Tutorials' that only you can post videos to and maybe also that nobody else can comment on either (as all questions can then be asked in the correct questions forum for B4X IDE), keeping the videos section nice and clean with no comments to wade through. Or even better still above where you have 'B4A - Android', basically somewhere prominent that is easy to find for beginners and more experienced developers alike and somewhere that other posts can't shift the videos down the list.
They will be better organized once there are a few videos available.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was afraid that my Heblish speaking (Hebrew-English) will not be clear enough.
I saw the new video about 2 hours ago. I thought two things:

1) I am happy that you say (+) "Plus" and not "Plas" or "Pl(ae)s", as many people do; because Plus is Latin and your pronunciation is right :)

2) ? this:
I plan to make many more videos including a complete course for people who have no experience with programming and want to learn.
Italian with English subtitles (because my English is not so good, but my voice is at least wonderful :p)

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Excellent tutorial !

Your Heblish sounded like French-English to me
Not to me :).

And for those who still like paper, these subjects are explained in the B4x IDE Booklet.