iOS Question Getting the UDID

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to get the UDID to get started with B4i. I followed the video here but when I open udid.io in Safari on my iPad it just tells me to open the page in Safari! There is no green button on the page. Instead there is QR code. In Chrome on Safari the button is present, but the profile is not downloaded correctly and does not show up in the settings.

Then I tried showmyudid.com as suggested in the forum post itself. It works - I can download the profile and install it but then I get this warning:

The authenticity of "Show My UDiD Check" cannot be confirmed

I can still choose to continue you, but I am not sure if it should.

Is that warning normal?

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not know if I understood the question correctly, you want to get the phone UDID. Another option is:
Connect the phone to the computer (Windows) via USB, download and install iTunes, then configure the connection.
After starting the program, we choose the device from which we want to read the identifier. Then click on the serial number until the label with the UDiD number appears. When the UDiD number appears, right click on it and select copy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes I want to get the UDID and I followed Erel's guide. But udid.io does not work and the other site makes IOS show that warning.

If would prefer not using iTunes, but of course that is also a way out.

Upvote 0

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
The certificate didn't work because it was expired late 2019.

However, I found the reason why get.udid.io didn't work. I got the idea that the iPad didn't present itself as an Ipad. That would make the site behave like it did. So I googled "What's my user agent" and found that it did in fact show up like a desktop Safari!

Then I went to the settings and noticed that "Request Desktop Website" was enabled. I disabled that setting and then get.udid.io worked.

Upvote 0