Google Play account confirmation

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

I wonder if it can get any worse with Google Play.
I think so!

1699604180369.png

Translation with DeepL:
Hello,
At the beginning of the year, we announced new verification requirements that apply to everyone who creates new Play Console developer accounts. With these requirements, we want to increase trust and transparency in Google Play. Today, we're announcing that all developers who already have an account must also complete the verification process to comply with the Play Console Acceptable Use Policy.
What you need to provide when confirming your account
You can find more information about the account verification process you need to complete in 2024 in the Help Center.
Select your account confirmation date now
We recognize that there are developer teams of different types and sizes, with different priorities and schedules. We also know that confirmation takes more time for some developers than others. That's why we're giving them the option to choose their own account confirmation date.
Starting today, you can select your preferred date in the Play Console. Appointments will be allocated in the order in which reservations are received. So choose your date early so that you get the time frame that works best for you. If you do not choose a date before February 29, 2024, you will automatically receive one from us.

Developers can begin the account verification process in the Play Console. They must complete these confirmations before their chosen deadline to prevent their developer profile and apps from being removed from Google Play.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Filippo... didn't see your post and already start the same here...

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Filippo... didn't see your post and already start the same here...

That doesn't matter, better twice than never. ;)

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will suggest all members to "choose deadline", it opens GPlay Console and choose some far away date. Just that.
Keep personal account for now. It is simple.

Later on when the time will come we can decide on the matter peacefully.
I did just that. Deadline Feb 2025.