Android Tutorial GUI AVD Manager / Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
B4A Sdk Manager v2 adds support for managing Android Virtual Devices (AVDs):

SS-2017-06-06_12.39.36.png

Before you start, make sure to download the latest version of B4A Sdk Manager and to install all the recommended items.

Click on the AVD Manager button to open AVD Manager:

SS-2017-06-06_12.51.49.png

You need to choose the screen size and the platform. 24 = Android 7.0 (https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html).

Existing AVDs will be listed. Click on the Start button to start an AVD.
If Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator is installed and working properly then the emulator will run fast.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, if you want to keep the old AVDs.
You can instead create new ones.

So to verifying this, I can only create new 3 AVDs for larger devices in the new AVD manager. For testing watch faces like a Moto360 I must keep the old/original AVD manager?

Is there anyway to make whatever AVD I want in the new AVD manager and not just the three that are present in the new AVD manager. I would prefer to completely remove the old SDK manager and AVD manager if possible, but that's just me.

Thank you...

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Android Wear Round Chin @320x290 - Moto360 1st Gen
Android Wear Round Chin @360x330 - Moto360 2nd Gen
Android Wear Square @320x320 - ASUS ZenWatch
Android Wear Round @480x480 - LG Watch Sport

I have multiple tablets and phones here already, but I refuse to buy lots of watches.

Thank you...

Last edited:

Grant Fullen

Licensed User
I'll make a small video tutorial on at least doing your own resolution with the built in emulator. No idea about Wear ones yet. I was able to create a 4k resolution emulator successfully.

Alessandro71

Licensed User
Longtime User
i'm unable to create a platform 26/27 AVD
i downloaded x86 image and platform tools for both, but still they don't get listed as an option when creating a new AVD
am i missing something?

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel for your continuous support and Happy New Year.
Just wondering if it is possible to not include the right-hand part (the one with the d-pad and keyboard) of the emulator when launched. I just want the emulator itself like when I launch it from Android Studio?

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I created a square AVD and as expected it ran absolutely perfect with one of my watch faces installed @Erel.

You know what this means don't you. I can finally remove the original Google SDK manager and AVD manager as that's only serving as a wear manager now, I'll be deleting it tomorrow :cool:

Anyway thank you again, seriously high quality support as usual.

Peter...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.