Android Tutorial GUI AVD Manager / Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
B4A Sdk Manager v2 adds support for managing Android Virtual Devices (AVDs):

SS-2017-06-06_12.39.36.png

Before you start, make sure to download the latest version of B4A Sdk Manager and to install all the recommended items.

Click on the AVD Manager button to open AVD Manager:

SS-2017-06-06_12.51.49.png

You need to choose the screen size and the platform. 24 = Android 7.0 (https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html).

Existing AVDs will be listed. Click on the Start button to start an AVD.
If Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator is installed and working properly then the emulator will run fast.

Domingo Garcia

Licensed User
Hello,
I just downloaded the trial and wanted to create an AVD with my phone size. but the AVD manager only lets me pick from 3 existing options. Is this a limitation of the trial. How do I create a custom screen size emulator.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I just downloaded the trial and wanted to create an AVD with my phone size. but the AVD manager only lets me pick from 3 existing options. Is this a limitation of the trial. How do I create a custom screen size emulator.

No this is not a limitation of the trial version. The developer has added the most common screen sizes and will consider adding more AVD on request. This is a relatively new feature in B4A 7.8 and the developers are currently making sure that it's fully stable before adding more.

BTW welcome to the B4X developers community...

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I found it in some of my old notes last night @Erel. I must have tried it last year and it must have worked creating AVD in the older Google AND manager or I would have deleted the lines out of my notes, I don't keep command lines in notes that I can't get working.

avdmanager.bat create avd --force --name testAVD --abi google_apis/x86_64 --package 'system-images;android-25;google_apis;x86_64
also
android.jar create avd --force -n WatchRound --target "android-25" --device "Android Wear Round" --skin AndroidWearRound --abi android-wear/x86

The above lines were in my AVD notes so they must have worked at some point. I can't remember where I found the information, just searching Google I presume.

Domingo Garcia

Licensed User
Hi, I'm trying to test my app on a Nautiz X2 the has a screen size 4.7in with IPS 1280x720 screen and from the documentaion it has 320PPI resolution. How can I set up the designer to use this layout spec.
I did a design with the default 320x480 and used the AVD but when I ran the app it all went all over the screen.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.