iOS Tutorial Installing B4i-Bridge and debugging first app

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebasic

Licensed User
Longtime User
Weird, when I click on "build b4i-bridge app" it builds and when I visit xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxort/id I can clearly see: "Click on the button to download your latest build: Product name: b4i-bridge" and the install app - button but clicking it does nothing. Any help on this or are more details needed?

Regards

ebasic

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel - thank you for your answer.

When using local builder a simple "Sending data to remote compiler. Error . Communication error: SendFailure" appears.
The hosted builder however works fine.

Some output from local builder: http://pastebin.com/5VC7LNhr

The java executable is currently in Downloads (I´m running windows10 on top of parallels VM on a Macbook pro with Sierra)

Regards

EDIT: pardon me, I´ve just tried this https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/error-using-b4iserver.47209/#content (setting the port to ssl) and it works.

One OT question (how much does extending of hosted builder cost for existing users?)

Regards

Last edited:

Starchild

Licensed User
Longtime User
I feel I am asking the same questions but the existing answers in the forum don't work for me.
I am now trying to work with the B4i suite I purchased early last year.

I have purchased a new Ipad Mini running os 10.2
The b4i-bridge won't install.
After clicking INSTALL, I get the error box, "Unable to Download App"
I have followed the support information regarding checking AppID, UDID and recreating certificates and provisioning profiles. I have tried several times.
I verified the B4I certificate is installed on my Ipad Mini.

As my access to the Hosted builder expired I acquired an iMac to use (running Capitan 10.11.4).
I have set up a local builder.
Installed everything as required Xcode 7.2.1 and current JDK.
I believe the builder to be working fine.

If I use my son's Ipad (already have bridge installed on it from early last year) then my test program installs fine and runs.
I can also compile, install and run apps into the Ipad simulator on the iMac.

It looks like a UDID problem (for my new Ipad Mini). But as stated I have verified this. I installed iTunes and compared this with my Registered device (for Ipad Mini) in my Apple developer account.

Has anyone else had problems installing the B4i-bridge onto the new Ipad Mini?

Any other suggestions at this time would be appreciated.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i have the same problem here.
cannot connect to 192.168.14.106

i am using mac builder 4.01 and b4i 4.01

it started to happen on b4i 4.01. i have also a hosted builder account so using it is working but using the localbuilder i can connect to it via .../test and also create a b4i bridge but when i hit the circle on my iphone to install the b4i bridge i get an error "Cannot connect to 192.168.14.106"

i need to use the local builder to use a lib that is not available in the hosted builder. what can i do?

EDIT: now i also cannot connect to ip_address of hosted builder too.

Last edited:

Buks

Licensed User
Longtime User
Problem to install B4i Bridge on IPhone:
When I click on the "Install App" button after entering the IP address in Safari browser, I get a message "Cannot connect to ip_address"

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The hosted builder ip address.

ok i just had the chance to test it with the hosted builder. unfortunately the ip that b4i is given me is 63.135.170.51:51041
and that hosted builder is not working.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that I know the cause of this issue. Have you upgraded to iOS 11?

I am not sure what ios i have but i did upgraded to the latest one on my iphone 5s.

Before i did the upgrade it worked with the hosted builder but not with the local builder so i upgraded my phone because i thought it will solve the local builder issue but then the hosted build also stoped working.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can check the version under Settings - General - About.

Yes i know i just dont have my iphone with me and i dont remember what ios upgrade it was but if ios11 is running on iphone 5s then i assume it is ios11.

Anyway it worked before the update BUT only on the hosted builder and not on the local builder and i have the latest local builder v4.01 so i cant explain why it is like that. I guess the local builder is the same as the hosted builder so why it worked before the upgrade only on the hosted builder, i dont know??

But now it doesnot work on both.

Buks

Licensed User
Longtime User
My version: 10.3.2(14F89)
While in the settings, I went to the Certificate Trust Settings and realised that the B4i trust was OFF. I turned it on and it installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…