Is it just me?

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I found something weird recently.
I made changes to B4J project.
I prompt AI agent for changes.
I don't like some parts after reviewing the code.
I want to revert back my previous code without changing some "good" parts that newly introduced.
When I do that, I see the code change back to the new code.
"Scary, I know we are still in Chinese month of ghost, but I don't think so."
This is very annoying as I am "fighting" with the code.
Is my PC affected by virus or something not right?
I tried turned off B4J auto backup and auto save.
I am still monitoring.
I am not sure the problem is at GitHub Desktop, B4J or Windows.
Windows also behave strangely today.
I don't use Mail app but the notifications pops up for something related to my Microsoft or Hotmail email.
I suspect something to do with Micro slop updates.
I am planning to move to Linux.
 

b4x-de

Active Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
If your AI is aware of the git repository it will use it, i.e. for commiting the new code. Have checked the history?
 

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I am not mistaken, when I have closed my AI agent this is still happening. Unless something is still running in the background. First I suspected GitHub Desktop and then VS Code but seems it is not the case.
 

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use GitHub Desktop not only for pushing commit but also compare which lines of code are deleted and added.
I want to make sure AI agent didn't remove important comments, wrongly refactor code and introduce bugs.
Once I detected something wrong, I need to stop commit and fix it either on my own or prompt to the agent again.
 

rabbitBUSH

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am planning to move to Linux
Can't talk about your questions specifically so just a general comment here. Also, as a note that you're not alone here and giving encouragement to using Linux more.

This week I spoke to my hardware technician friend who had tried to move me to W11 (I didn't do that), but the other day he was moaning about W11 and carried the opinion that Microsoft is in trouble (no reasons given just irritation mainly).

With regard to using linux more as you're saying - I have found that the only thing I actually need Windows for (using W10) is B4X work. Arduino has a Linux IDE.

Everything else I have on Linux. Now I boot to Linux or Windows depends on the work - but predominantly to Linux. It starts quickly and shuts down quickly (none of the minutes of thinking about this or that) as you will have experienced no doubt.

Best wishes.....
 

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Beware.
Maybe this is happening when B4J is running on Debug mode and AI agent is trying to update the code.

1790297040630.png
 
Top