IT-PocketKnife by MAGMA (Windows tools/utilities)

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well...

I am thinking creating a Tool - all in one for confguring Windows, fixing problems, checking some info...
an IT-PocketKnife that will have all solutions need in one place = app.

I am thinking having a Lite and a PRO... version...

Menu...
1653905278887.png

It is somehow complicated menu... from one side... from the other.... IT technicians needed all.. fast..
What do you think about ?

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are already other tools for IT technical support which provide many functions.
Yes I know.. but for example...

To configure ip and change name of PC and workgroup, spoof Mac address... you must make many steps.. I ll have it in one form...

Next days.. I will give some screenshots for the tools I am working on.

kimstudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Will this be made by B4J? IMHO it seems there are some OS related tasks I guess I would select a programming lanugage that can directly call OS system API. Maybe Java can also call OS API or run other exectuables and parse output that I am not very familiar. It would be great if all these functionalities can be realized by B4J 👍

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@kimstudio will be in B4J... but will be only for Windows... and ofcourse some of these options will be parsed from cmd/powershell... and some will be native (java or b4j)...
I am not thinking run executables that will not belong at Windows...

The reality is that the most of those options are related to OS configuration, they aren't anything special... but they are hidden and difficult to find them - the time you want. Also the most of us, using hundrend of tools to achieve that... I will try using the "most" original moves/commands that system need to do all that stuff.