Wish Me! Me! Me! wishlist

killiak

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello... i don´t know if is in the code allready (i try but no luck) or someone wish for this but i really miss de VB6 (me)...that simple little function embeded make my day... now that im assigning InputType to each of my Textbox (12 of them) i really miss is. Perhaps is there but i didn´t know?

Thank you

killiak

Licensed User
Longtime User
Me keywords returns a reference to the current object instance (module or class instance).

Changing the input type of 12 EditTexts is simple:
B4X:
For Each v As View In Activity.GetAllViewsRecursive
If v Is EditText Then
   Dim et As EditText = v
   et.InputType = ...
End If
Next

Nice...but i mean the use of the me.xxxxx in general....i think is easier. I mean, sometimes a lot of stuff is going on so it´s difficult to remin each controller name. i takes me just a seconds to go up and down in the code to remember the names... me as a Structural programmer i always put Txtxxxxx in the textbox, lblxxxxx in the label, btnxxxxx in the button and so on. So, if i put (me.) and a Scroll pops with all the variables declare (not just the controller ones but the cursors, variables and everything for example) i think is easier... is just a tought...

I´m saying (me.) because vb6 is like that , it could be formname.xxxx the name...or anything

me.txtIntro= "Hello world"
msgbox me.txtIntro

Thank you anyways it´s a cool tip that one.
Sorry for my english
PS: You know, i think you are the fastest "Software Suppporter" that i ever see...thank you for that.

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i takes me just a seconds to go up and down in the code to remember the names... me as a Structural programmer i always put Txtxxxxx in the textbox, lblxxxxx in the label, btnxxxxx in the button and so on. So, if i put (me.) and a Scroll pops with all the variables declare

So, having declared those objects (views, txtXxx, lblYyyy) when you write "lbl"+spacebar you obtain almost the same popup and behaviour