My new PWA (BANANO Vuetify)

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
However, I would like to add that an enormous amount of work has been done.
I would not want them to think that they are just criticisms of such an interesting work.

I believe we all want it to become a well-known and non-niche development tool.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
However, I would like to add that an enormous amount of work has been done.
I would not want them to think that they are just criticisms of such an interesting work.

I believe we all want it to become a well-known and non-niche development tool.
I agree. I also hope BANano and BVAD3 will become popular among the developers similar to my wish to make B4X more popular. I am always ready to promote them but first I need to master the knowledge so I can explain the frameworks in a more simpler way.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Mashiane I think that the "final result" of your created Apps are Super-Fine Quality !
Your Instruction Demos are very good too.. already told you that in the past...🥇

I think is more problematic the approach of end-user-developer-of-b4x | When Erel created the B4X idea has in his mind "our" lazy - so we got used to it :) //simple commands-simple routines-simple apps to make our work...

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A small example would be needed for each update.
The Kitchen Sink's Whats New section is always updated about new content and old content pushed to the respective sections of the kitchen sink. Thanks to Aeric recommendations

BTW, Currently there are 70 active subscribers on the TG Channel, who I interact with when I am not in this forum.

Some examples contain many functions, this confuses those who approach Banano and VuetiFy for the first time.
Be on the watch out for the videos titled "rewind" on the Mashy Teaches channel, these usually address 1 thing and 1 thing only. For anything else you want clarity on, please ask questions.

Besides the poor documentation
The Mashy Teaches Videos are now have transcribed text from the videos.

BVAD3.Initialize... BVAD3.createdialog(jsongeneratedfilefrom_b4xdialog).... BVAD3.Start
The AD in BANanoVuetifyAD3 means "abstract designer". Whilst the initial version of BVAD did dwell on writing code. On the TG channel and also here, I did indicate that visiting that paradigm is something that is now being considered as other people cannot use the abstract designer.

Yes, when I started the Your Word Count campaign, I wanted to get all possible feedback from developers about BVAD3 so that I can do improvements, for those I can and know how.

Whilst I understand that I cant and will not please everyone, we will have to do with what we have at the moment, client projects will receive priority at the moment and can and only work on BVAD3 when I have spare time.

You all know how passionate I am about BVAD3 and I have noted your comments.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some examples contain many functions, this confuses those who approach Banano and VuetiFy for the first time.
I think this is related to CRUD projects. Granted, if you could explore the source code in the kitchen sink, i can say for now that the sections that has a lot of code is the pgIndex.AddPages section and then the code to add the drawer contents. I stand to be corrected.

This is the main reason I decided on the BANanoDataSource, to abstract most of the code that one writes with a few code lines.

Most things in the kitchen sink are done using the abstract designer and has very few code lines, which is what has been the point of BANanoVuetifyAD3 anyway.

With that said, I encourage anyone still who wants clarity to ask questions. I have done 1 on one videos for people on request for example and continue to help people who are using and want to use BVAD3.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BTW, Currently there are 70 active subscribers on the TG Channel, who I interact with when I am not in this forum.
I am aware of it and I am subscribed to the Telegram channel, but the problem is the same, many updates all together.
On telegram then because it works on a mobile device it is very complicated to understand what you write or use the translator.
For the source I prefer the forum that allows you to see the sources and videos in full screen and not a Social Media.
Social media would serve for small questions that require quick and short answers, where everyone can participate by giving help.
But in reality we can only comment on your interventions.
I believe that telegram is not the right strategy to spread examples. It didn't help me, what I learned is only from the forum and the examples.

Whilst I understand that I cant and will not please everyone, we will have to do with what we have at the moment, client projects will receive priority at the moment and can and only work on BVAD3 when I have spare time.
I understand that your priority is the work that allows you to live and nobody asks you to leave it to just follow Vuetify. Just pile them up together before releasing updates, don't do them one after the other over the span of a few days.

I think I have read that you want this project to be able to perhaps even produce an economic return for you. It's right.
To make this happen, you must also listen to those who use your products. You may not be able to please everyone, but if you dissatisfy everyone, it is likely that you will look for another product that best matches your needs.

It seems to me that the friendly reports in the forum are all in the same direction, it is not the opinion of an individual. You decide if you want to listen or ignore.
By interpreting the needs, Erel manages to survive even now that most of its products are free and with voluntary donation.

I personally don't want to live on the proceeds from my libraries and can afford the luxury of ignoring requests :p But it's always my choice, you make yours ;)

Last edited:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agreed with Star-Dust that Telegram is not suitable for learning BVAD3. It can be a supporting channel for quick questions. I only used Telegram for BVAD3 on mobile phone and not desktop.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I have already answered everyone on post #44.
I think many of us are very much appreciate your work. I am also trying to learn BVAD3 and hope I can become one of the maintainers for your GitHub project. You need leverage the work or energy for others to assist you. Wait for me a few weeks, I promise I will back with some favor or make some videos to help beginners to get started. You just focus on improving the core library and fixing bugs.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You just focus on improving the core library and fixing bugs.
Thanks a lot Aeric for your offer.

On of the reasons I started and even managed to award a Certificate of Appreciation to LJG, with

Was because of this specific reason. He still continues to be one of the most influential person on this library and I appreciate everything that he ad others are doing. This at times has been evident with betas, release candidates as these address an issue, a question, a bug that is being asked and needs a solution.

This for me was to encourage more people to be involved.

;)

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The project goes on, after several hitches, I pretended to insert the registry of employees, customers and managers.
Each employee has his own level of authorization that allows him to access certain archives.
The side menu is customized based on the employee's authorization level.
Even customers after logging in will have a specific menu for them and will be able to consult and download invoices as well as check the debt situation.
The managers or administrators of several companies with their access will be able to view all the data relating to the companies they manage

The next step will be the management of the material / equipment warehouse and the report of the interventions carried out which must then be conveyed to the invoices

1642857402682.png

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Even if slowly I go forward.
I have entered the management of invoices and payments.
Invoices marked in red are the unpaid ones. As I enter Payments (right) it associates them with invoices.

It is possible to click on an invoice and register the payment or just by selecting a customer and the list of unpaid invoices appears.
You can search between invoices or payments and the total of both lists and the current balance (active or passive) appears.

I am almost satisfied

1644309247900.png