Share My Creation NES GamePad for Android

Wanna play retro NES games on your PC? Why not turn your Smartphone to an NES gamepad and play with it?

Try NES GamePad for Android via b4a+b4j. GamePad is not 100% working, i have not put to much effort on it I just wanted to get something working for my kids to show them what i was playing when i was in their age anyway it's a good start and I am also including the source so you can try it and maybe improve it.

have fun :)

btw. sorry for the bad recording quality and also if you wonder why I stuck in level 2 and tried to get to the top it's because on the real NES console you could climb like this to the top and jump some levels but it seems that in the emulator it's not working well. :confused:

Important information: I have only updated Erels Desktop Remote example and enabled also an NES GamePad option. I am not responsible for anything especially the ROMS or NES Emulator. I have downloaded them from the NET. You can find a lot other if you want.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0m6xe824lup4zu/My Nes 2.3.zip?dl=0

EDIT: i have updated the RemoteControlls and included the project files.

Attachments

• scr1.png
    scr1.png
    460.7 KB · Views: 5,232
  • gamepadServers.zip
    42.6 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
sweet :)

is the B4J part doing sendkeys like events from the retrieved remote data?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very fun idea! This can give an old phone a second life

an old phone and an old pc too.
i made it for my little kids until the nintendo clone arrive from aliexpress so my wife can have few hours silence while they are playing. you know its summer holiday now :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is sooo cool!! :D
Don't get in trouble with Nintendo, though... ;)

How's the latency? I might dust off my Android tablet to give it a try...
(I'm an iPhone guy now, is there an iOS version?)

hi wonder, its not like the real controller but you can play with it.
i also included the source so you may improve it if you like.

i am also a iPhone guy now and I don't see any reason why it should not work also on b4i. the app just sends the data to the b4j server that handles the keys on the pc. so it should work.

have you already purchased b4i? i really think it is awesome and worth every penny.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi wonder, its not like the real controller but you can play with it.
i also included the source so you may improve it if you like.

i am also a iPhone guy now and I don't see any reason why it should not work also on b4i. the app just sends the data to the b4j server that handles the keys on the pc. so it should work.

have you already purchased b4i? i really think it is awesome and worth every penny.
Alright then, I might give it a try just for fun!

By the way, is it bluetooth or wifi?
Can you press multiple buttons (more than 2) and have the keystrokes work?

Maybe if B4J emulated the joystick instead, it could be faster... I don't know just an idea... :D

I never got into iOS development but if I manage to do the QR Code thing I want to do on Android, I definitely want to have it on iOS!! 😉

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
By the way, is it bluetooth or wifi?

it works via wifi so it should be much faster than Bluetooth.

Can you press multiple buttons (more than 2) and have the keystrokes work?

as far as i remember its possible since i press and hold the b button and also click the jump button (like in the video)

Maybe if B4J emulated the joystick instead, it could be faster... I don't know just an idea... :D

you will need a USB library where you can connect usb device and use in b4j but as far as i know there is no such library. i remember that informatix ask for such a lib long time ago. this would open a new world for b4j and we could make really cool games on it.

I never got into iOS development but if I manage to do the QR Code thing I want to do on Android, I definitely want to have it on iOS!! 😉

you have already a QR library for b4i. works really great! i think erel wrapped it.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you have already a QR library for b4i. works really great! i think erel wrapped it.
Nice!!! I have an idea to make something really cool with QR codes. I don't wanna say what it is yet and I don't even know if it's going to work, but if it does, it might be something cool that people will copy without even needing the source code, as the algorithm is simple enough. 😉
I just want to be the first one (probably)!! 😂

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
btw is there a way to get the qr code from an image? and not only from the camera. i know it is possible with visual basic but i have not found such a lib in b4x.
i guess i will need to open a new thread for this question (else erel will be angry 😁 )

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
from an image?
On the Images in the thread, you see it is the native camera app, so i think it is possible.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
On the Images in the thread, you see it is the native camera app, so i think it is possible.

no, i mean i have created a QR code and I send it to someone via WhatsApp for example. so what i send is a png file and he then can scan it from the app. what i see is that the scanning works only from the camera but i know it is possible to scan images (png, jpg) files that has a qr code on them. can we do this on b4x?

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
no, i mean i have created a QR code and I send it to someone via WhatsApp for example. so what i send is a png file and he then can scan it from the app. what i see is that the scanning works only from the camera but i know it is possible to scan images (png, jpg) files that has a qr code on them. can we do this on b4x?
Yes, this is something very important for me! I hope it's possible...
Maybe we should post this question on the QR code thread.