Share My Creation Panelz - A puzzle game

This is my first public released app in a few years. Life seems to get in the way of fun. It's called panelz because there's nothing on the screen except labels and panels. And I couldn't think of a better name LOL

It's a simple game. Slide the pieces to make a full line. Download here from the store.

Click on the settings icon in bottom right corner to change your display name.

public%2Fpanelzmenu.png

BASED ON FEEDBACK FROM THE COMMUNITY. Thank you all for your help.

Latest version 1.3.1

Fixed an issue with duplicate scores on scoreboard.
Fixed a display issue after the full page ad was closed.
Fixed a crash after running out of time in blitz mode.

Last edited:

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this an original idea, or is it heavily inspired from some other game?

There are similar games on the store. But I hadn't seen one with different modes, such as the drop and blitz. ( Doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I hadn't seen one ).

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got more than 3000! Very nice game. My comment is that you should make sure we cannot select pieces while the pieces are falling. That causes some problem where the selection is not aligned with the selected piece. Anyway, better lock the screen while the pieces reorganize.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191104-123230.png
    Screenshot_20191104-123230.png
    241.3 KB · Views: 210

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, so this happened. Not a lot of options. :) I kind of feel like at some point the game just gets impossible, like hitting a brick wall. Before this happened I had a somewhat good thing going with the three or four lowest lines, that's where I continued to make progress. And then I failed, and I had to use my continue. That removed the bottom rows, which only left me with the hell that was above. Which soon turned into the pic below.

So one thing that have helped is that if continue not only removes the three (or how many it is) lowest rows, but also removes 20 percent (or whatever makes sense) of the remaining blocks randomly. Just an idea, to make the game go on a little longer.

upload_2019-11-4_8-58-45.png
upload_2019-11-4_8-58-32.png

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
You shouldn't be able to select any while they are falling
So I cannot select it when 1 block is falling, but I can select it when multiple blocks fall.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Sandman : at the top you could've removed 1 or 2 lines which might have given you enough room to solve the lowest line.
but your need to see it at the right moment ofcourse.

from the middle to bottom you were indeed stuck and those big blocks are a real pain in the b*tt

nice score tho :)

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, so this happened. Not a lot of options. :) I kind of feel like at some point the game just gets impossible, like hitting a brick wall. Before this happened I had a somewhat good thing going with the three or four lowest lines, that's where I continued to make progress. And then I failed, and I had to use my continue. That removed the bottom rows, which only left me with the hell that was above. Which soon turned into the pic below.

So one thing that have helped is that if continue not only removes the three (or how many it is) lowest rows, but also removes 20 percent (or whatever makes sense) of the remaining blocks randomly. Just an idea, to make the game go on a little longer.

The more you play, the more you will get used to looking up the board before it gets to that point. My advice is to always work to get rid of the special blocks... you'd be surprised how much of the board I've cleared in one turn after the special removed the matching colors.

I notice you got to level 6 .. which adds the third type of special block .. it's blue, but looks a little different than the other blue ... and will fill the letters of CONTINUE to earn an extra continue. There is no limit to the number of continues you can build up.

Another tip is to rest. If you're doing OK and then you start getting flustered, quit the game for a while. It will resume from where you were and you might see something you missed earlier.

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
So I cannot select it when 1 block is falling, but I can select it when multiple blocks fall.

I've altered the mechanism to hopefully stop that happening. It doesn't happen on mine, but it does for another player. So hopefully that's the end of that :)

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you log into Facebook, it doesn't ask you for any extra permissions, or get any info other than your name. But it will use the global scoreboard and you can see how you're doing compared to others.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My advice is to always work to get rid of the special blocks... you'd be surprised how much of the board I've cleared in one turn after the special removed the matching colors.

do you mean that some colors have a function?

I thought it was just completing lines?

can you take a screenshot of the facebook scoreboard and put it online somewhere?
can't it be synced somehow so that we can see it without the need to have facebook?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
at the top you could've removed 1 or 2 lines which might have given you enough room to solve the lowest line
Sorry, I still don't see it. What should I have done to remove the top two lines?

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
do you mean that some colors have a function?
Look for the appearance of the specials. The colored ones should remove the matching colors.

Screenshot_20191104-093630.jpg Screenshot_20191104-093630.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191104-093633.jpg
    Screenshot_20191104-093633.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 211

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
can't it be synced somehow so that we can see it without the need to have facebook?

It is synced to Facebook so that it will have the correct scores if you play on more than 1 device.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I didn't know you could (ab)use facebook for that.

maybe you should write a tutorial about it one day (when you have pulled out your last hairs)

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I didn't know you could (ab)use facebook for that.

All i do is get the User ID returned from firebase and store it in the firebase database with the score. Then when you log in from a different device and sign into facebook, it will retrieve the score that was stored against that userid.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ah ok, I thought you meant that the scores where synchronised with facebook but it's only the used IDs.

can't you sync the firebase scores even when not being logged in with facebook? it are 2 independant things, not?

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe a little help screen could be fine.
I see sometimes when I make a line with a special, another dissappear, but it's not clear for me...
and will fill the letters of CONTINUE to earn an extra continue
And I saw the "CONTINUE" letters coloring, but I didn't know why. This could be explained too

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess that you get a free continue option when all letters are colored.
not sure what lines it will remove tho as continuing with the same lines is kind of pointless and might result to an instant game over again :)

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
ah ok, I thought you meant that the scores where synchronised with facebook but it's only the used IDs.

can't you sync the firebase scores even when not being logged in with facebook? it are 2 independant things, not?

You need to be logged in for me to get the user ID . Any log in method would work. I used facebook because I was hoping to integrate facebook friend invites at some point in the future.