iOS Question Publishing to AppStore

sentechnologies

Licensed User
I'm new to ios development, i request anyone to provide step by step procedure how to create necessary certificate , identifiers, devices, profiles after developer account activated.

and also i want to know where and how to use those certificate, profiles in b4i project (local mac B4iBuildServer with simulator) to distribute into app store

Last edited:

sentechnologies

Licensed User
yes i already developed and tested with b4iBuildServer an simulator. now i need to distribute it to app store.

Upvote 0

sentechnologies

Licensed User
No, am not tested yet in real device.

i will test in real device with developer certificate. before that i want to know where should i
copy developer.mobileprovision and developer.cer? Windows Pc or b4iBuildServer?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sentechnologies

Licensed User
i used the following code in project.b4i

B4X:
#If RELEASE
   #CertificateFile: distribution.cer
   #ProvisionFile: Distribution.mobileprovision
#Else
   #CertificateFile: development.cer
   #ProvisionFile: development.mobileprovision
#End If

the following files are in c:\b4i\key folder
upload_2019-11-26_18-42-40.png

and i selected Tool -> Build Server -> BuildReleaseApp. the following compiled log shown

B4X:
B4i Version: 6.00
Parsing code.    (0.00s)
Building folders structure.    (0.04s)
Compiling code.    (0.04s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.02s)
Building Xcode project    (0.25s)
Sending data to remote compiler.    (4.83s)
   Application compiled with non-store provision profile.
Completed successfully.
App will run on the simulator.
This is a simulator build. Do not submit it to the App Store.

i want to know why it used non-store provision instead of distribution provision?

Upvote 0

sentechnologies

Licensed User
i followed the procedure said in https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/creating-a-certificate-and-provisioning-profile.45880/
it compiled sucessfully Server -> BuildReleaseApp after selecting iphone ip address.
but when i upload the ipa file to app store using Transporter, following error accure
B4X:
ERROR ITMS-90017: "This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory."

Upvote 0

sentechnologies

Licensed User
i followed the procedure said in https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/creating-a-certificate-and-provisioning-profile.45880/
it compiled sucessfully Server -> BuildReleaseApp after selecting iphone ip address.
but when i upload the ipa file to app store using Transporter, following error accure
B4X:
ERROR ITMS-90017: "This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory."

I found the solution, it was cleared after changed the provision file from
B4X:
#ProvisionFile: adhoc.mobileprovision
to
B4X:
#ProvisionFile: distribution.mobileprovision

and also i downloaded Archive.zip successfully.

Upvote 0