iOS Question Ready to Publish..But needs clarification

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Am excited to publish my first application. However, I want to be clear about the steps in the publishing tutorial here

1. I have done the step 1, tested the app in airplane mode and it was ok.

2. Create a distribution certificate and provision file...using the the existing certsigningrequest
It means I have to go to

under CERTIFICATES->PRODUCTION then create new certificate and download
Next - under PROVISIONING PROFILES->PRODUCTION create new profile and download

3. Put the new certificate and profile into the keys folder and use ->IF RELEASE condition to Compile the app in Release mode (Alt + T + B + R)

4. Download the last build Archieve.zip.........

MY QUESTIONS
1. Based on tutorial Point 2 above, Do I still choose appstore and adhoc, just as the default profile or i need to choose something different.

2. Does it mean that anytime i start new project, before I can upload to the store, I need to go over tutorial point 2 that is (create distribution certificate and provision file)?

3. If I need to update my old apps, do i need new distribution certificate and provision profile in step 2?

4. As am creating new certificates profiles for every project, is it allowed to rename them maybe to match my projects?

5. I only have 1 device added, that is iphone 5s and that is what comes up when am creating the profile, after publishing my app to the appstore, will it support other devices here (#Target: iPhone, iPad)

Attachments

• step2.PNG
    step2.PNG
    27.2 KB · Views: 237

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
2. Create a distribution certificate and provision file...using the the existing certsigningrequest
A. I recommend to use a distribution certificate all the time. You can then use the same certificate during development and while releasing the app. Only the provision profile needs to be changed.

B. Check the compilation window output. It tells you whether you compiled with a store provision profile or not.

1. App store provision profile.
2. You need a new provision profile (also possible to reuse the store profile if you are using a wildcard app id).
3. No.
4. Yes.

Upvote 0