B4A Library Scringo for Basic4Android is live!

[Lib] Scringo for Basic4Android is live!

Hi all, We just released Scringo's support for Basic4Android.

For those of you who don't know Scringo, it's a Social Sidebar with lots of stuff you can add there. Just a few features:
1. Chat - your users can talk to each other
2. Activity Feed - your users can see what interesting things other people are doing in your app
3. Like button - you can add it and let users see what other people like in your app
4. Feedback - let your users send you feedback about your app
5. Rate us - let them rate the app
6. Push notifications - send push notifications and system messages to your users
7. Chat room - start a topic and let your users say express themselves (managed and moderated using the dev zone)
8. Custom buttons - don't know where to place a button - place it on the sidebar and get a notification once it is clicked

And lotsa other stuff. It's all configurable from our dev zone, no need for an upgrade to add or remove features once you integrated the SDK.

And of course, it's all free.

Here's a demo project: http://www.b4x.com/android/files/ScringoB4AExample.zip

Attached are the library files (jar and xml). Place them in your libs folder and include them in your b4a project.

Then you'll need to follow these steps:
1. Register in scringo.com, get an App ID, and download the SDK. (use this link instead of the one in the dev zone, customized for B4A devs: https://dev.scringo.com/downloads/scringo-android-2.2.2-b4a.zip)
2. Open the zip and place the jars from the libs folder in your b4a libs folder (should be the same folder as above).
3. Add the contents of the ScringoManifest.txt from the zip using the B4A Manifest Editor (Project -> Manifest Editor -> Paste this: )
AddApplicationText(
<Contents of ScringoManifest.txt>
)
4. Merge the res folder from the ScringoResources with your Objects/res, and set them all to read-only (In a Windows Browser, Right click the folder -> Read Only, no need to do it one by one)
5. add the scringo.properties from the zip to the Files folder and add it to the B4A project in the Files tab, edit the file and add your Scringo app ID in the scringo.app.id property
6. Add some (or all) of this code to your code (assuming you have a MainLayout with Button1 in it):
B4X:
Sub Globals
   Dim myScringo As Scringo

End Sub

Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
   Activity.LoadLayout("MainLayout")
   myScringo.Initialize
End Sub

Sub Activity_Resume
   myScringo.onStart
End Sub

Sub Activity_Pause (UserClosed As Boolean)
   myScringo.onStop
End Sub

Sub Activity_KeyPress (KeyCode As Int) As Boolean
If KeyCode = KeyCodes.KEYCODE_BACK Then
   If myScringo.onBackPressed Then
      Return True
   End If
End If
Return False

End Sub

Sub Button1_Click
   myScringo.openMenu
End Sub

That's it, you're good to go. Tell us how it went!

For any questions, you can drop me a line at [email protected]

The Scringo Team

Attachments

• ScringoB4A.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:

scringo

Licensed User
Longtime User
socialnetis, I'm working on a Twitter credentials fix. Should be out today, I'll let you know.

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried to download the sdk, but:
Not Found

The requested URL /downloads/scringo-android-2.1.8.zip was not found on this server.

If i change the url to "...2.1.7.zip" it works...

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
After i have done all the nedded things, if i ut the first line in the globals
B4X:
Dim myScringo As Scringo

it apperas red, so the lib reference is missing.
but i copied the 4 libs from the sdk to the b4a lib folder, refreshed (and also reloaded) but no one of the libs appear.

Of course i edited also the manifest text, which looks likes this:
B4X:
AddApplicationText(
      <activity android:name="anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.preferenceactivity"/>
      <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.radar.ScringoRadarActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.feed.ScringoFeedActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.profile.ScringoProfileActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.profile.ScringoFollowersActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.inbox.ScringoInboxActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.inbox.ScringoChatActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.invite.ScringoInviteActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.twitter.ScringoTwitterActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.feedback.ScringoFeedbackActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.invite.ScringoFindFriendsActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.inbox.ScringoSendToActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.profile.ScringoProfileBridge" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.profile.ScringoProfileEditBio" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.feedback.ScringoFeedbackRootActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.inbox.ScringoSystemMessageActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.invite.ScringoFindFriendsRootActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.invite.ScringoSuggestionsActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.apps.ScringoAppDiscoveryActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.chatroom.ScringoChatroomActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
        <activity android:name="com.scringo.features.chatroom.ScringoTopicActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"/>
      <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.maps.v2.API_KEY" android:value="myGoogleMapsKey"/>
        <service android:name="com.scringo.service.ScringoService" />
        <uses-library android:name="com.google.android.maps" />
   )
The large part is the content of the manifest-file from the sdk....

did i missunderstood something or why it dont work ?

Solved: forgot to copy the ScringoB4A - files to the lib folder ...

Last edited:

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Download SDK link does not work

Hi,

The download link to the SDK does not work.

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hoi Erel,

yes - figured that out.
Maybe the posting was not clear enough for me ;-)

Now the whole enchilada works fine...

@bluedude
I tried to download the sdk, but:
Quote:
Not Found

The requested URL /downloads/scringo-android-2.1.8.zip was not found on this server.
If i change the url to "...2.1.7.zip" it works...

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Doesn't run

Hi,

For me nothing works and no error messages. Have installed everything but clicking the button does not open up anything.

ApppId is correct so that isn't the problem.

Any further suggestions?

Cheers,

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
What OS are ou using ?

As i found out yet, it didnt work on 2.2 - don't know why.
After finishing installing the app, a message occurs: App not installed.

Is there any restriction for an OS-version ?

P.S.: i cant install ANY app on a 2.2 device after adding the libs etc.

Now, even after delating all the parts NO APP can be installed, also others thatr worked well before !

Please help to solve this prob...what else can i do ?

After a complete restart of the dev-pc now apps can be installed again WITHOUT these libs...

Last edited:

scringo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry guys, my bad with the 2.1.7/2.1.8... you shouldn't have seen the 2.1.8 yet, still under cover ;-)

Link updated with 2.1.7 now as it should. Thanks for the catch!

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yo, no big prob - but whats about the other questions ?

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
There's no OS restriction. but I don't fully understand what you mean. can you please email me at [email protected]?

Its quite easy - WITH the libs NO app can be installed on an device with 2.2
(higher (in my case 4.11 works fine)

After deleting all the libs it will work again on the 2.2 device----

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
Most things seem to be working. I can login with facebook. The dashboard is not showing me as a user on the scringo site, and the feedback part (talk to us) is not working. I type in a message and hit done and the progress indicator just sits there spinning.

scringo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Most things seem to be working. I can login with facebook. The dashboard is not showing me as a user on the scringo site, and the feedback part (talk to us) is not working. I type in a message and hit done and the progress indicator just sits there spinning.

Feedback seems to be working on my end... Can you email me the app ID so I can see if I see any problems on the server side?

[email protected]

scringo

Licensed User
Longtime User
GMan, what libs are you referring to, the jars from the Scringo build zip? or the jar and xml from the original post? or others?

scringo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Version 1.1 released, see original post.
Works well with Scringo 2.1.9.
Added:
1. sendFeed from source code
2. setTwitterCredentials for better security

Send me feedback!
Ofer

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did all right, using the description.
The APP is Working fine' but only on OS Version > 2.2

With this 'setup' it isnt possible To install ANY APP on 2.2
I got no error in b4a' only Android told me: APP not installed.

If i delete the 5 libs and remove the manifest part its possible again To install on 2.2 os