Android Question signatures do not match the previously installed version

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand, what is going on and why this happens: My private key was created 2011 and never changed. I am currently trying to use the google app store to pre-release my app to some customers. Most of them have older versions of my app for testing and now the store version, which is not compatible with the directly local built version, forcing them to delete old installation and settings. Because i use F5steg for protection my passwords are not working anymore. What and where is the problem?

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, i have read about it, but did not use it. I have used an other google account as usual, can this change anything? I plan to use in-app billing with this app and include the library - can this be the source of the problem?

Upvote 0

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can see while compiling: "Signiere Paketdatei(privater Key). " i think, thats the correct key? Now i try to use my notebook with exactly the same sourcecode and make the upload to the playstore from there...

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
The keystore file and the fingerprintis are identical, i found one line which is different:

On PC1 i get:
Signature algorithm name: SHA1withDSA
Subject Public Key Algorithm: 1024-bit DSA key
Version: 3

on Notebook i get:
Signature algorithm name: SHA1withDSA
Version: 3

The line with 1024-bit DSA key is not on this machine.

Upvote 0

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
On both devices B4A 8.5;
jdk1.8.0_181 on main machine and on notebook \jdk1.8.0_131

I completed my test on my notebook, the effect is the same: First i install my Release mode version (obfucscated) local form b4a, and it works.
Then i upload this version to playstore, use the download link for this version and get the message in german: "Die existierende Applikation ist mit einem anderen Zertifikat installiert. Möchten Sie die existierende Applikation deinstallieren"
Is Zertifikat the same as signature? Informatix uses this signatur as part of f5steg; so in the appstore version i dont get back my correct passwords.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now i got some light in this problem: In Play store i found: Google Play App Signing is activ for this app.

I found my current signature key as upload key, the app key is changed by the playstore. So i think i recreate the app completly without play store signing. I cant remember, i am sure, that i never made this whole process, which erel describes.

Upvote 0