Android Question [Solved] - Fused Location Provider

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

I have developered an app that uses fused location provider, it is in a service called svc_flp. When the app is run it works as expected and returns the location event as requried. I have built an anditonal service, svc_request_location, that can receive and intent request to run the flp service and return the results back to the calling app. This all works perfectly. Btw, this is part of a real world suite of apps and it commerically sensitive so I cannot share the code.

All the necessary permissions have been granted. I am using FLP 1.31

From android 5 to 10 the svc_request_location works fine, on android 11 it receives the intent, which call svc_flp, whichs get a connection to the flp, but never raises a location event.

So, my question is does FLP require an activity context under Android 11 or am I missing something ?

Regards

John.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

I have developered an app that uses fused location provider, it is in a service called svc_flp. When the app is run it works as expected and returns the location event as requried. I have built an anditonal service, svc_request_location, that can receive and intent request to run the flp service and return the results back to the calling app. This all works perfectly. Btw, this is part of a real world suite of apps and it commerically sensitive so I cannot share the code.

All the necessary permissions have been granted. I am using FLP 1.31

From android 5 to 10 the svc_request_location works fine, on android 11 it receives the intent, which call svc_flp, whichs get a connection to the flp, but never raises a location event.

So, my question is does FLP require an activity context under Android 11 or am I missing something ?

Regards

John.
Hi there...did you solve the problem?

Because you didn't share the solution...

Best wishes

Upvote 0