Share My Creation Tool Manager

hi,

In my work we have around 30 cnc machines what means we make many jobs that need many tools. we have some iscar matrix tool closets where you can pull tools.

matrix looks like this:

matrix-mini-lg.jpg

The problem is that the management of the tools is very poor. They fill the matrix sometimes with the wrong amount of tools and that leads to missing tools and thats the most thing you want to avoid. (Waiting for the tool to arrive to your factory in a middle of manufacturing). So we need somehow to know what tools we will need in the next 2 weeks and prepare so we wont have missing tools. But how? We do know which part will be going on the machine in the next few weeks but who will open each program (gcode) and search for the tools that will be needed (around 20 tools / job) and create a list for the guy that is responsible for ordering the tools? they wanted the programmers to do it but i have enough work to do and i prefer to drink ☕ instead of creating tools so i decided b4j will do it. ;)

Video:

Short explanation:

what does the app do? you have all machines names already in the app all you need to do is choose the correct folder where all programs (g-codes) are stored for that machine. b4j will look for all files and start filtering only the tools from those files using regex.match() then create a tool list for each job. then you load an excel file that contains all planned parts for the next few weeks b4j will compare the parts with the tool list and create an excel file that will contain all tools that are needed for those parts. everything is stored in sqlite and is done automatically and i can keep drinking ☕ and everybody is happy.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-16 150424.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-16 150424.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 81