iOS Question Which Tutorial for B4Xpages to begin an IOS program

Elby dev

Licensed User
After purchasing B4I I am trying to find a tutorial to Start a B4I program with B4XPages. I fully understand B4XPages for android with multiple pages, but find the move to IOS hard.
For example inB4I I cannot find how to add a new 'B4XPage'? just code and or class modules. I don't want to waste anybody's time just a good hint or link/s to tutorials.
which explains these multiple pages in ios
Thank You

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The exact same code will work in B4A and B4i.

If you are building a cross platform solution then make sure to share the classes. Never duplicate the files.

The B4XPage class templates are missing from B4i due to a technical reason, however there is nothing special about B4XPages classes. Add a new class and use this code:
B4X:
Sub Class_Globals
    Private Root As B4XView 'ignore
    Private xui As XUI 'ignore
End Sub

'You can add more parameters here.
Public Sub Initialize As Object
    Return Me
End Sub

'This event will be called once, before the page becomes visible.
Private Sub B4XPage_Created (Root1 As B4XView)
    Root = Root1
    'load the layout to Root

End Sub

'You can see the list of page related events in the B4XPagesManager object. The event name is B4XPage.

Upvote 0

Elby dev

Licensed User
Thank You heaps. Your answer will give me a starting handle into ios and will give it a go... learning and trying as we go.
My golden rule is "Try to Understand, the learning will come by itself"

Upvote 0

Elby dev

Licensed User
Thank You also. I did see the page in the past but as the top of the page says B4A Documentation I skipped past it.
I should have known to look at the B4X closer. Perhaps the Header could say B4A B4I B4J Documentation.

Just a thought as I just revisited the page will pay more attention now and definitely download them.
Thank You

Upvote 0