B4J Question Server program template wont compile

RickV

Just installed B4J as suggested for server and desktop UI programming.
Started a brand new server project and hit F5 after reading the template code to see what it does and got the following error.
I am using Windows 10.
Any ideas on what went wrong? I set the paths too when the app asked for the paths to java ac or something.

Hoping this post is in the correct forum

1676437316961.png

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there... again...

plz download latest B4J from here...
and follow the Instructions for OpenJDK 11, then step 2 - configure B4J ... to add path from folder of openjdk

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
...For example if you just copy... the exact error and search it at forum... you will find this:

but first of all install the latest version of b4j (9.80) with openjdk...

ps: don;t know ofcourse if you are trying for 32bit... then oracle java 8 and 9.30 of b4j... but follow the instructions for it

Upvote 0

RickV

Hi there... again...

plz download latest B4J from here...
and follow the Instructions for OpenJDK 11, then step 2 - configure B4J ... to add path from folder of openjdk
Hello again.
I took your advice and downloaded the 32 bit version from the page you refer above as the 64 bit wont install.
I reinstalled the 32 bit version from a ling further down on same page.
Problem still exists.

Upvote 0

RickV

Also made sure they system has the latest update of Java.... there was a comment about java 11+ I just checked java.com, there is no java 11 on offfer there. Where do I locate please ?

1676450992463.png

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
64bit windows system-> download latest b4j with openjdk 11...follow steps written at products page so jserver 4 lib that is ticked at right window with libs must working... if not add the line at your code Erel suggested...

32bit windows-> download b4j 9.30 at the bottom of products page... must find java 8 jdk jre 32bit... May be need to download jserver 3 lib and put it at the right folder.. then refresh... and open your example .. tick the right jserver for 32bit... May be need add the line Erel suggested...

And you were asking yourself... why not having all these at vb6... because it is only 32bit... and limited... I am saying..

Upvote 0

RickV

64bit windows system-> download latest b4j with openjdk 11...follow steps written at products page so jserver 4 lib that is ticked at right window with libs must working... if not add the line at your code Erel suggested...

32bit windows-> download b4j 9.30 at the bottom of products page... must find java 8 jdk jre 32bit... May be need to download jserver 3 lib and put it at the right folder.. then refresh... and open your example .. tick the right jserver for 32bit... May be need add the line Erel suggested...

And you were asking yourself... why not having all these at vb6... because it is only 32bit... and limited... I am saying..
Hi agaun
Thanks for your patience. I have downloaded the 32 bit versions as my win 10 must have been installed as a 32 bit version somehow.
At this stage, I will try all of the above. If all this fails, will buy a new pc and start over from scratch everything 64bit.

Upvote 0