B4J Question Own corporative files Cloud

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, All

If we have
  • our own corporate server with PHP (and FTP)
  • the task to make the internal shared corporate files Cloud
  • simplest setup (say, user name + root folder to be uploaded)
  • without public Clouds that requires accounts, preferences....
any suggestion about the way ? For Windows OS users.

Maybe something simpler\better than just non-secure FTP ?

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@peacemaker Why not using VPN Server, gate... to have access to your business-network and have user/password at the file server..?

To understand... you already have a web server and ftp, that upload/download their files (pdf, jpeg, doc) and users have their password to watch their folder ?

1) You can secure it with ssl certificate... also a client certificate for more security... add OTP auth
2) Buy a NAS Server hardware or software with ssl certifcate, usernames passwords, OTP auth - edit: some free software exist... hmmm... give a try to NextCloud (i think is still free and very good)

edit: 3) Google Cloud Drive... but need money...

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, but ... b4j forum question topic assumes that we are talking about programming ;) (and yes, B4J (B4X) programming, not Assembler or...)

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought was general question.. because Windows OS users... but yes you know you can do it with B4X...

And why not using...
-B4J Server
-SSL Certificate
-Auth (GetHeaders("Authorization"))... simple (edit also have in mind: StaticFilesFolder... )
-create a web-app...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Because the resources and the task are limited by those described in the first topic post.
Strange that i could not google any ready simple PHP files storage, with uploading files and folders... And only to program the B4J client for such PHP-storage...

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Because the resources and the task are limited by those described in the first topic post.
Strange that i could not google any ready simple PHP files storage, with uploading files and folders... And only to program the B4J client for such PHP-storage...

edit... also check:

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, thanks, it needs to think how to make uploads from B4J app.

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

b4a way is revelant... to b4j... check it...

Upvote 0