Other B4A v6.00 has been released!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v6.00. This is an important update that advances B4A together with Google's latest innovations.

New features and improvements:
This version is backwards compatible with older versions of B4A.
It is recommended to switch from referencing the complete google play services to referencing the required features. Overall it is simpler as the #AdditionalRes and #ExcludeClasses are no longer required.
Google Maps: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/google-maps.63930
FusedLocationProvider: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ay-services-fused-location.67748/#post-429215

Android SDK repositories should be installed: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/integrating-firebase-services.67692/

SS-2016-06-12_18.21.19.png

Users who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with installation instructions. Other users will receive an email with upgrade offers.

Last edited:

chfajardo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, i am having some problems with this new version. In my previous version, the type: Dim mfc As MiFare compiled ok. In this new version, it gives me the message:

B4A version: 6.00
Parsing code. Error
Error parsing program.
Error description: Unknown type: mifare
Are you missing a library reference?

How can i solve this?

There is a bit of my code:

Dim mfc As MiFare
If NFC.IsMifareClassic(Activity.GetStartingIntent) Then
'Dim StrData As String
mfc.Initialize(Activity.GetStartingIntent)
If True = mfc.ReadSector(sector,key,1) Then' Read sector 0, key, type 0(as keyA)
block_data = mfc.GetBlockData(0)
StrData1 = ""
For i = 0 To block_data.Length-1
StrData1 = StrData1 & Chr(block_data(i))
Next
End If
End If

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I begin to suspect that I am anything but diplomatic and then very stupid; in fact I am going to add some comments which will make sure that I will become more despised.

1) too many compliments to Erel for new versions of B4A; develop these things is easy when you have 3 heads and at least 3 brains; he will have spent just over five minutes of his time, for this version.
2) Erel you go too fast for me implementing all "news"; I'm too old (I still have to study well all the featuers of the last 500 versions of B4A and the last 10,000 features of VB.Net)
3) here I will be even more popular and loved: in the new versions of B4A I would prefer some (or many?) features we suggested (wanted) also because:
3a) they are very useful, common to many languages and probably more easy to add to b4a (see below *)
3b) I don't know Firebase and the other new things (I have to read all) but they have the need to be constantly updated.

* 3a) I'm thinking now only to my old "wishes" but there are also many other:
3a1) snippets management;
3a2) refactoring (if you wanted - and often you want - change a variable name you have many problems, ALSO because "Find and Replace" works only on current module). If I press F7 on a variable I get all references, so I suppose this should not be a hard work. The same for previous "wish", "snippets management".
3a3) a complete library with all features of AdMob; currently, if I mistake not, it allows you to display banners only (and it needs updates, as I have written above).

This is enough, for now, to... [LucaMs wrote] "will be even more popular and loved".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is enough, for now, to... [LucaMs wrote] "will be even more popular and loved".
Ah, if you had already published your first app, you would have shared the ♥ for that version

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
is anyone having trouble debugging with B4aBridge OR USB?
I don't get any logging messages with v6.0
Thanks,

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
3a3) a complete library with all features of AdMob; currently, if I mistake not, it allows you to display banners only (and it needs updates, as I have written above).

I read SOMETHING about Firebase and this Erel's phrase:

Google has recently acquired a company named Firebase and is now offering many backend services under the Firebase umbrella. Most of them are free.

Also, from a Google's site:

Most Firebase features are free forever, for any scale. Our four paid features have a generous free tier and two paid plans once you begin to grow.

Please, don't remove this post :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

luisftv

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree TOTALLY with LucaMS.

-Erel is a genius, he knows it, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. I bet he feels irritated to hear so many thanks... kind of like thanking your mother for giving birth to you every hour on the hour (every new version of the program)... hey, instead of words, actions! What I think he would truly appreciate more is that instead of thanking him we rather and consistently try to help solve the new "apparent" inconsistencies and fast, and share the solutions found, not to be selfish.

-Erel,there is a thing called "digesting the food"... if not, the belly grows... just look at all those high stress ridden countries, people are overweight (although that's not the only cause, of course). By the way, if you are fast (because you are), why not use that speed to implement .... the next point:

-TRULY, I would love more than new features (very few people will get to use them immediately any how) that you would implement all the features being requested, specially by us the paying subscribers... instead, don't get mad, you ignore us... hey, you even ignore the question by giving a technical answer related to the topic but that does not answers or addresses the question directly. You have done that to me. By the way, I'm not upset... I'm good sports, and to prove it, I'm drooping the subject right now.

LucaMS, it does not matter who loves you or who hates you... what matters is that you are right on target and I second you. You said it because you care, because you love B4A... if not, you wouldn't bother to say a word. Medicine tastes bad, no one likes it... but it will save your life, right... (read in between the lines here people)

Thanks LucaMS.

Upvote 0