iOS Question B4i beta is released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The very first beta version is now available for download.
Beta testers should receive an email with the details.

Currently it is configured to work with the hosted remote compiler service. The local compiler module will be soon available as well.

This version should be considered an alpha version.

Once you install the IDE. You need to configure the paths under Tools - Configure Paths and then follow the two tutorials:
Creating a certificate and provisioning profile
Installing B4i-Bridge and debugging first app

More tutorials and examples will soon be available. Try for now to run B4i-Bridge and then debug a simple hello world application.

I've uploaded several "test projects" which you can try: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/examples.45922/

The beta testers group is closed for now. If things go as planned then the first version will be released during November...

:)

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, great work Erel as usual :)

Tried B4i by creating some simple projects for my iPhone and also some of your samples. Everything works nicely. I still need to play around with B4i more but being an Alpha-version 0.1 it works really well.

The httputil-project will need some fixes (some signatures have changed) but that will be a good exercise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jazzzzzzz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I cant install b4i bridge app..Whgen i click on install app in my ipad it saying "cannot connect to 63.135.170.51"...My iPad is connected to internet..@Erel whats the probelm here?

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i followed the tutorials but i cannot build the b4i bridge i got errors:

Building designer app. 0.02
Building Xcode project 0.02
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/administrator/Documents/objc/UploadedProjects/beta650/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain beta650
PRODUCT_NAME = B4i-Bridge
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = b32ded1d-ec1c-44d2-9b05-8a3bac79dbe2

=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Check dependencies
Code Sign error: Provisioning profile does not match bundle identifier: The provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“MyApp”) has an AppID of “www.sagital.net.myapp” which does not match your bundle identifier “www.sagital.net.myapp.bridge”.
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.0'

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
Check dependencies
(1 failure)

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, I've installed B4i, but I've got a client project that has to be completed early next week so that is taking my focus at the moment. As soon as that is completed I will have a chance to do some testing and playing.

Upvote 0

Devv

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ver very very very nice idea hope it will be as good as b4a in the near future

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.