iOS Question B4i beta to be released next week

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The very first beta version of B4i will hopefully be released next week :)

B4i will produce native iOS applications running on iOS 7+.

The IDE is similar to B4A / B4J IDEs, which means that it is a Windows program.

In order to develop with B4i you need:
- One or more real devices (iPhone or iPad) running iOS 7+.
- Register as an Apple developer. It costs $99 per year.
- A network connected Mac computer. We will also offer a Mac builder rental service which you can use instead of a local Mac computer.

We are looking for beta testers to help us.

You need to have a real device and register as an Apple developer in order to test it.
Please send me an email to [email protected] if you want to join the beta testers group.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice one @Erel,
You sure do work fast. I for one hope that B4i is just as successful for you as B4A has been. Sadly I personally will not be using B4i but obviously plenty of developers on this community and lots of potentially new customers will use B4i with much fondness as B4A.

Nevertheless cheers for all your hard work with B4A, B4J and now B4i :)

Upvote 0

Ratna Fang

Licensed User
Longtime User
one big stone has been placed. it's very interesting i can use basic for android and ios.

for b4i, i should have at least 1 iphone 6 and register in apple as developer?

Upvote 0

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
What about an iPod? iPods from the 5th generation can run IOS7 & 8 as well and are a lot cheaper to buy!

Upvote 0

Baltazar

Licensed User
Longtime User
The very first beta version of B4i will hopefully be released next week :)

B4i will produce native iOS applications running on iOS 7+.

The IDE is similar to B4A / B4J IDEs, which means that it is a Windows program.

In order to develop with B4i you need:
- One or more real devices (iPhone or iPad) running iOS 7+.
- Register as an Apple developer. It costs $99 per year.
- A network connected Mac computer. We will also offer a Mac builder rental service which you can use instead of a local Mac computer.

We are looking for beta testers to help us.

You need to have a real device and register as an Apple developer in order to test it.
Please send me an email to [email protected] if you want to join the beta testers group.
A bit confused about the Mac and Windows requirements. So the Mac will have to run Windows with something like BootCamp then run the IDE?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
is it possible to convert b4a project to b4i project?
Not automatically. In most cases you will be able to reuse a large portion of the code.

A bit confused about the Mac and Windows requirements.
When you use a local Mac the Mac computer should be in the same local network as the Windows computer. Another option is to run Windows in a virtual machine inside the Mac.

Upvote 0

Baltazar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not automatically. In most cases you will be able to reuse a large portion of the code.

When you use a local Mac the Mac computer should be in the same local network as the Windows computer. Another option is to run Windows in a virtual machine inside the Mac.
Aww.. the greedy Apple tactic. The Mac is like a hardware key then.

Upvote 0

mrjaw

Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont understand , the mac is just for compile the app? Why we need the Mac account , at least you need to upload your app to AppleStore I thinhk u dont need it for develop.
I think I can use a Mac virtual , I have one and run fine.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You must have a developer account in order to install your app on a real device. B4i works with real devices so you must have an account.

It is true that you can develop with Xcode on the emulator without an account. However very quickly you will want to test your app on a real device so you will need to register with Apple anyway.

If you think about it logically then this requirement adds a one-time cost of about $7 to the price of B4i (assuming that you previously didn't have an Apple account and assuming that after one month of development you will want to test your app on a real device).

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sure you will find many beta testers but if required, feel free to ask. I could buy the necessary stuff and the Apple's account too

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
I need to buy a Mac now :))) ... Erel, any advices for the minimal requirements for a mac (oldest that would work so it will be cheap to get :D ) ?

I'd recommend getting a Mac from 2012 or newer, for complete access to Yosemite features. (Handoff and Continuity)

Another reason is that the Mac will also be supported for at least a decade.

Upvote 0