Share My Creation B4J RAD Designer / Drag n Drop Code (not ready yet)

Hi guys !

Many times asked (as a wish) for it, for example here....
I am not so excited because i will need a lot of time (and time is money -> that i haven't)... but ofcourse... I know it is possible and I ll do it!
But any help will be very valuable !!! Why not making a team for it and split the work....

So enough about words - what this project will do ?

B4J RAD Designer / Drag n Drop Code
(I am not sure for the name too) - Will be an IDE/Rad Tool for create-designing Forms-Menus-Applications with "0" Code (specific ERP/CRM/Business Apps)... and actually will generate the code (B4J for sure, hope ABMaterial too- (terms and conditions not allow that) will need help for it)... Many ideas for it - coming ofcourse from lovely "Vb6 Pro"...

It will support selection-dialog-opening remote database (with middleware JRDC2) ---> showing tables and fields of them (will automatically suggest the type of control when drag n' drop fields)
It will create beautiful b4xtable with queries...
It will give properties-option for any dropped control at form...
It will have the feature to bind textbox (textfields) with db-field and db-table like old vb6...
It will have ready "code-actions" like.... Save/Delete/Load Record/Show Records when/which/like queries

and many many things... well will be a big project... that will need a lot of help...

need your ideas.... + your help...

In this point I want to thank @Erel because created a super elastic "programming language" that "fits"...
Ofcourse i wanna thank @Star-Dust for his libraries... i hope not forgetting anyone...

Just a preview video... coming soon with more - it will take some time..

What about the name B4J Rad Designer... Drag n Drop Code... 0-Code App Creator...
well... you know something that is the last thing i will think!

Last edited:

JohnJ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

That looks great! I have been struggling with some code that will do what you are doing. I'm trying to create a code generator for a server that I work on, specifically a screen design tool. What you have in your video is exactly what I need to do. Would you be willing to share or sell what you have so far?

Good luck on your project.

John

JohnJ

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you need help I can volunteer an hour to help out.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll wait for a reply from Magma.
I would be comfortable doing this in VB.Net but would prefer B4J as I have an open source JDBC driver that I can use. There is a way to use this driver in VB but it is incredibly slow.

Thanks again

John

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

JohnJ

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Mashiane can also support export generated code for BANano too... if someone write the code :)

@JohnJ what exactly do you need ? only "that" you are seeing at the video (drag n drop controls) or something else ?
I like that you are selecting a text box and then making a copy of it in your design portion of the screen and then adding properties to the new text box. I'm an IBM server programmer and would like to create a code generator. Your video is what I need to design the green screen portion of a program. If that makes sense. I can do this in VB.net but would prefer not to

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok... The only thing is you must wait... a week about... when i return from vacations... You can donate anything you want and you ll get the code (seeing that at the video) - it is simple yet but understand-able... but better wait first...

PM me to have your mail and when i return i ll answer you - to donate anything you want... because yet... is only what you see... is what you get :)

JohnJ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok... The only thing is you must wait... a week about... when i return from vacations... You can donate anything you want and you ll get the code (seeing that at the video) - it is simple yet but understand-able... but better wait first...

PM me to have your mail and when i return i ll answer you - to donate anything you want... because yet... is only what you see... is what you get :)
[email protected]