B4X Members Online Meeting on 4th September 2023 (16:00 - 17:00 UTC)

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We are getting more members joining in.
I hope everything is under control.
If there is any inconvenience, I would like to apologize in advance.
If the line disconnected or broken, check this thread for any updates.
Thanks.

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
I may be able to attend - will join in if I can.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Ouch my ears my ears ;)

Well well well, congratulations on the B4X members online meeting Aeric, you put it all together exceptionally well and the timing was very well executed. Oddly enough your personal audio was a bit quiet though. I've just finished watching the videos, I streamed them to my TV whilst on my exercise bike.

I overwhelmingly agrees with some of the points made but definitely not all of the points made by some of the members. Nevertheless, that was an excellent meeting so bravo to all the B4X members that joined and contributed to a successful get together 👍

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ouch my ears my ears ;)

Well well well, congratulations on the B4X members online meeting Aeric, you put it all together exceptionally well and the timing was very well executed. Oddly enough your personal audio was a bit quiet though. I've just finished watching the videos, I streamed them to my TV whilst on my exercise bike.

I overwhelmingly agrees with some of the points made but definitely not all of the points made by some of the members. Nevertheless, that was an excellent meeting so bravo to all the B4X members that joined and contributed to a successful get together 👍
I was sleepy and didn't realised I muted the microphone. I should use my laptop build in microphone instead of the cheap microphone. Lol
By the way, it is a good start to know each other more and exchange ideas.

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
missed it.. I was flying..✈️🛬

Excellent work @aeric and the team!!

Last edited:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
First, thanks and congratulate everyone who make it a successful meeting. We came from different countries and timezones, sacrifice our precious time for the good of B4X. I hope this would not be the last one.

Here is the list I can come out with for the summary:

1. Everyone uses B4X for different purposes whether as a professional or hobbyist.
  2. Everyone agrees that B4X is a great tool to develop cross platform solutions.
  3. Some members use different programming languages or technologies such as Visual Basic, .NET, Elixir, GPS, PTT to integrate with B4X.
  4. Members mentioned about Business forum, how we can well utilize this section for team collaboration.
  5. Members would like to organize small social media group such as Telegram to get more responsive help.
  6. Provide a platform for server services such Amazon, Database and API to make developing B4X apps more easier.
  7. Concern about the future of B4X IDE.
  8. Suggestion to improve B4X IDE: User friendly templates for beginners to quick start a project.
  9. Suggestion for B4X forum: Ability to filter the posts with source code only in "Share my creation"
  10. Erel answers a lot of questions. There are also many other helpful members to help.

I apologize for not paying much attention during the meeting as I was quite sleepy and try to figure out the Google Meet interface.
If I miss any point, please feel free to add below.