iOS Question [B4X] Upload/Download files Google Drive or other cloud

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,
Is it possibile with B4X (iOS and Android), to upload and download files with google drive?
Is not mandatory google drive, also another cloud.
Thanks in advance.

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Of course. All of these services provide REST api which you can call with OkHttpUtils2 / iHttpUtils2.

Thanks Erel for you reply.
But actually i'm not finding what i'm looking for, i already took a look on the forum, but i was trying to understand different things:

1. How can i upload a file to Google Drive in a specified folder
2. If the GD root folder is shared with everybody, i still need to use OAuth2? I want to be able to upload/download file without accessing any account.

I'm looking in the Google Drive API documentation (Upload/Create file):
In the request body parameters there is "parents" but i don't know how to set it in B4X.

I saw this: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/googledrive-via-api-v3.80775/
but as far as i could understand, it requeires oauth2, but i don't want to ask the user to access etc.. the folder is shared, so it should not be necessary (i think, because in the past i already used google api to retrive a list of files in a shared folder, and i didn't had to use oauth)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hard to believe that you can upload files to Google Drive without any authentication.

In the request body parameters there is "parents" but i don't know how to set it in B4X.
With a List. How you find them is a different question which isn't really related to B4X. You need to learn this non-simple API.

Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hard to believe that you can upload files to Google Drive without any authentication.

With a List. How you find them is a different question which isn't really related to B4X. You need to learn this non-simple API.
I noticed that it is not simple at all.
Infact I'm trying to find another way to do what I've to, without using Google Drive:rolleyes:

Upvote 0