Basic4android v2.52 is released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm very happy to release Basic4android v2.52. This version includes many important new features and improvements. The focus in this update is on large projects.

Performance improvements

• Compilation time in debug mode is similar to compilation in release mode.
  • Many performance and memory related improvements in the IDE. The IDE should be much more responsive (some of the improvements will only be applied after you first save the project with the new version).
New features
  • Compile to library. This feature allows you to reuse components and break large projects into smaller projects.
  • Module attributes.
  • Custom build actions - See the attributes tutorial.
  • Native support for Google maps (requires Android 3+).
  • Sign key signatures are displayed in the key dialog.
  • List Permissions button in compilation window - Lists the permissions and the objects that added them.
  • Quotes in string literals - Double quotes in string literals will be treated as a single quote:
    B4X:
    Log("Hello ""world""") 'Will log: Hello "World"
  • RemovePermission keyword in the manifest editor.
  • DateTime.DateTimeParse keyword - Combination of DateParse and TimeParse.
  • SQL - Asynchronous queries and asynchronous batch inserts.
  • Contacts2.GetContactsAsync - Asynchronously retrieve contacts information.
  • Accessibility library.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

All customers who are eligible for a free update should receive a mail with update instructions. Other customers will receive a mail with a discount offer.

Please allow up to 24 hours for the mail to arrive.

I want to thank all the customers who helped with the beta version, and also all the members of this great community!
:icon_clap:

Edit: Basic4android v2.52 is now available to all users who received version 2.50. You can use the same link as before. This update fixes several IDE issues as well as an issue related to user types in library compilation mode.

juanmariego

Licensed User
Longtime User
Portable version

I'm very happy to release Basic4android v2.50. This version includes many important new features and improvements. The focus in this update is on large projects.

Performance improvements

• Compilation time in debug mode is similar to compilation in release mode.
  • Many performance and memory related improvements in the IDE. The IDE should be much more responsive (some of the improvements will only be applied after you first save the project with the new version).
New features
  • Compile to library. This feature allows you to reuse components and break large projects into smaller projects.
  • Module attributes.
  • Custom build actions - See the attributes tutorial.
  • Native support for Google maps (requires Android 3+).
  • Sign key signatures are displayed in the key dialog.
  • List Permissions button in compilation window - Lists the permissions and the objects that added them.
  • Quotes in string literals - Double quotes in string literals will be treated as a single quote:
    B4X:
    Log("Hello ""world""") 'Will log: Hello "World"
  • RemovePermission keyword in the manifest editor.
  • DateTime.DateTimeParse keyword - Combination of DateParse and TimeParse.
  • SQL - Asynchronous queries and asynchronous batch inserts.
  • Contacts2.GetContactsAsync - Asynchronously retrieve contacts information.
  • Accessibility library.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

All customers who are eligible for a free update should receive a mail with update instructions. Other customers will receive a mail with a discount offer.

Please allow up to 24 hours for the mail to arrive.

I want to thank all the customers who helped with the beta version, and also all the members of this great community!
:icon_clap:

Hi Erel

It's great. I've develeped my fist apk in only one day... This RAD and this community are great for beginners.

:sign0098:

On the other hand, is there any possibility to publish a portable version? I've a computer at office that doesn't allows to install your own software but, during launch time, it could be interesting for me to have B4A to test things. Is there any posibility to have it? I think it's interesting for many people. It's only to run and have stored the license in the same place.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have all the upgrade emails now been sent?
I've not received one - checked my spam bin and it's not in there.

Thanks.

Martin.

Upvote 0

Ampli

Licensed User
Longtime User
Missed the Update?

Hello, did i miss the update with 5 days? i had 2 months free updates and this nice update i missed. i'm so sad.

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have all the upgrade emails now been sent?
I've not received one - checked my spam bin and it's not in there.

Thanks.

Martin.

Gosh, I would have thought you would have been one of the first 5 of 10 top people to get notified (I could list the other 9)! If done alphabetically, "W" is way down the list of 25,000 + emails to send. Server must of ran out of HP. :sign0152:

Glad all is resolved. We all need your class libs you can now create (along with your great other libs)! :sign0188:

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, did i miss the update with 5 days? i had 2 months free updates and this nice update i missed. i'm so sad.

Don't be sad... Shell out less than a cheap bottle of wine and get 2 years of upgrades.

In fact, upgrade every year to rid your guilt feeling of rippin Erel off for such an inexpensive and wonderful product. :D

Upvote 0

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
Basic4android v2.52 is now available to all users who received version 2.50. You can use the same link as before. This update fixes several IDE issues as well as an issue related to user types in library compilation mode.

Thank you!

I have just downloaded

I have recompiled 20+ libraries and recompiled the main apk, tested on android 4 tablet and it is working fine.

Not sure what were all the fixes (the types in library I already know) but seems to be working good. Thank you!

Upvote 0

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
just a feedback

My current laptop is not a good one, (my "old" died I am waiting for the new one arrive), it is a celeron-m (too slow)

I was suffering with 5 IDEs opened, since I am changing libraries constantly and recompiling the main apk

It seems that something on this release was changed and the IDE is a lot less heavy for the cpu.

This is my felling, compiling is a lot faster also.

Eduardo

Upvote 0

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Application Label

I noticed that for the past few updates the choice for an Application Label is no longer among those listed under the Project tab. Has it been moved or is it no longer an option?
[Added Later] - Thanks NJDude for pointing me to the answer! I like this new method so much better and I am itching to try it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rtesluk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you upgrade from 2.30 to 2.52 Skipping 2.50?

Feb 17 2013
15:35 Hours

Hi Erel

Can you upgrade from 2.30 to 2.52 skipping version 2.50?

Ray Tesluk
Port Hope On
Canada :sign0163:

Upvote 0

oscar cabrales

Licensed User
Longtime User
how update my version 2.02 to 2,52

Hi Mr. erel, my question is that; how i can update my version 2.02 to 2.52, i need update for can work fine with UsbSerial library - Supports FTDI, Arduinos and other USB serial devices

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.