Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all!

Basic4android v3.00 is released.

The main new feature in this version is the rapid debugger: Rapid Debugger
The rapid debugger makes it much easier and quicker to test and debug your code.

Improvements:
  • Rapid Debugger - Powerful debugger, hot code swapping, quick deployment and more.
  • Better support for large number of background tasks. This update (together with an update to the Http library) allows you to send hundreds of requests at once.
  • B4A-Bridge - Last 5 IP addresses are stored. F2 connects to the last one. Some other small improvements in the connection process.
  • For loop performance improvement.
  • Activity / Panel.GetAllViewsRecursive. Provides a simple way to iterate over all views.
  • Color picker. Right click in the code editor to show it.
  • List.SortTypeCaseInsensitive method.
  • PhoneSms.Send2 - send sms without notifications.
  • Screenshots tool - Copy to clipboard.
  • Spinner.DropDownTextColor property.
  • Compilation window closes automatically when it loses focus.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements (including the fix for Android 4.3 back key issue and the IDE scrolling issue).
Customers who are eligible for a free upgrade should receive an email with a download link. It can take a few hours for the mail to arrive.

I want to thank the beta testers for their help with this release. The rapid debugger is a very complicated solution. It would not have been possible without your help. :)

rbsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
A mail with a discount offer will be sent later today to all customers who are no longer eligible for free upgrades.
Looking forward to it.

Rolf

Upvote 0

boten

Licensed User
Longtime User
Kudos!!!
HelpViewer (Installed with a an "ancient" version) is a very helpful tool. It was not updated with new statemets, methods and libraries. Can we get an updated version (It will require a serious update)?

Upvote 0

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
Dim
lc AsLicenseChecker
lc.Initialize("lc", p.GetDeviceId, publicKey, "kljdflkf".GetBytes("UTF8"))   
    lc.SetVariableAndValue("test1", "test license")   
    lc.CheckAccess

Erel,
seems to have problems in rapid debug with licensing library :
line 195 is : lc.checkAccess

Thx and bravo for this new release

** Activity (main) Create, isFirst = true **

unexpected error.

Error occurred on line: 195 (main)

mainafterFirstLayout (java line: 98)
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: _test1

at com.android.vending.licensing.ServerManagedPolicy.allowAccess(SourceFile:275)
at com.android.vending.licensing.LicenseChecker.checkAccess(SourceFile:133)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.LicenseCheckerWrapper.CheckAccess(SourceFile:60)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.runVoidMethod(Shell.java:520)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEventImpl(Shell.java:235)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEvent(Shell.java:174)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.ShellBA.raiseEvent2(ShellBA.java:93)
at pim_gss_ics.com.main.afterFirstLayout(main.java:98)
at pim_gss_ics.com.main.access$100(main.java:16)
at pim_gss_ics.com.main$WaitForLayout.run(main.java:76)

at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:725)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5293)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1102)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:869)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: _test1
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Class.java:631)
at com.android.vending.licensing.ServerManagedPolicy.allowAccess(SourceFile:269)
... 22 more

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You will not be able to use lc.SetVariableAndValue with the rapid debugger. This method internally uses reflection to update the variable. When you run your code with the rapid debugger the variable is part of the "debugger engine" which runs on the desktop. So the field is not found.

I will add a note about it in the Licensing tutorial.

Upvote 0

kerryp24

Licensed User
Longtime User
I received my eMail about the new version, but the only links are for THIS forum chain and two ways to purchase.
There is no link for the upgrade?
Where do I go for that, or do I just download the "trial" version and it will automatically unlock?

Thanks

Kerry

Upvote 0

lhbrito

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel!

The Spinner.DropDownTextColor is very cool !

p.s.: is there any chance to include the property "Spinner.DropDownBackgroundColor" also ?? :D

Upvote 0

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Kudos!!!
HelpViewer (Installed with a an "ancient" version) is a very helpful tool. It was not updated with new statemets, methods and libraries. Can we get an updated version (It will require a serious update)?

My viewer works with V3. Check my signature for the link.

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very good job!
The "fix for Android 4.3 back key" means that we don't need to use CallSubDelayed ?

Upvote 0

nachoap10

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, Erel.

I'm going to renew my Enterprise license. I haven't found yet a tool as useful, easy-to-use and cheaper as B4A for android developments. I was thinking to adquire a mobile license for my delphi (I have got a delphi XE Professional Pro license) but I have to pay more than 1,000 € :eek:, and it's an upgrade license, not a new user license :confused:. By the way, I'm not sure they give me as much as B4A gives me.

Again, thanks for B4A and for your support and help in my projects ;)

Upvote 0

MaFu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, Erel.

I'm going to renew my Enterprise license. I haven't found yet a tool as useful, easy-to-use and cheaper as B4A for android developments. I was thinking to adquire a mobile license for my delphi (I have got a delphi XE Professional Pro license) but I have to pay more than 1,000 € :eek:, and it's an upgrade license, not a new user license :confused:. By the way, I'm not sure they give me as much as B4A gives me.

Again, thanks for B4A and for your support and help in my projects ;)

I'm a Delphi user from Delphi 2 up (currently XE2 Enterprise). XE5 with Android support is a release i had long waited for. Three weeks ago i had testet the new release. One source with visual design for Android and iOS. And it works, really.
But it has two drawbacks.
The first: Delphi uses the NDK and creates native code (no java). The created apps doesn't run on all cpu types, only on ARM 7.
The second is a fatal one (imho): Delphi includes the complete FireMonkey Runtime in the apk. Even a simple "Hello world" apk has a size of 4,8 MB. But the apk is compressed and once installed it needs 20 MB.

After this test, i bought B4A :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.