Android Tutorial Basic4android works on linux!

Hi everyone not sure where to post this but Basic4Android works on LinuxMint 11 :icon_clap: using VirtualBox (non opensource version) with XP SP2 installed (DotNet 2.0).

No problems at all connecting to phone using B4A-Bridge over WIFI and GSM. Compiling and installing app to phone runs as usual.

Just in case anyone that runs linux based on ubuntu 11 that wants to purchase your software and wondering if this software works. It does.

:sign0089:
WazzA

carlosvzz

Licensed User
Longtime User
AVD Manager

I've just switched (clean install) from Ubuntu Lucid to Precise. I'm able to install (under Wine) JavaJDK 1.7 and Android SDK 21.0.1. SDK Manager runs OK from Dash. But AVD Manager does not - it displays nothing & stops.

I just remembered that I can use wineconsole cmd (in Terminal) to run AVD Manager. When I did that, I got "Exception in thread "main" java.Lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/android/dvlib/DevSchema.
There's a lot of other messages following that. Unfortunately, I don't know how to copy them from the Wine Command Prompt window.

I know nothing about Java. Any ideas what to do?

I had this same problem (DevSchema in AVD Manager) and i couldn't find the solution in forums or google.....

Until I tried with not the newest versions and finally worked .... I used Java JDK 6u31 and Android SDK 18 .

Now i can use B4A under Wine with Linux Mint......

johnaaronrose

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had this same problem (DevSchema in AVD Manager) and i couldn't find the solution in forums or google.....

Until I tried with not the newest versions and finally worked .... I used Java JDK 6u31 and Android SDK 18 .

Now i can use B4A under Wine with Linux Mint......

The oldest JDK is 6u39 on Oracle's JDK Download site. The oldest Android SDK on developer.andoid.com is r21. Could you point me to where JDK 6u31 and Android SDK 18 can be obtained?

carlosvzz

Licensed User
Longtime User
The oldest JDK is 6u39 on Oracle's JDK Download site. The oldest Android SDK on developer.andoid.com is r21. Could you point me to where JDK 6u31 and Android SDK 18 can be obtained?

Maybe the Java JDK 6u39 could work .... i tried with the version from this post
http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4android-getting-started-tutorials/21202-b4a-2-02-wine-ubuntu-12-04-a.html#post140307

You can obtain the programs from :
JDK 6u31 Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 6

Android SDK 18 http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r18-windows.exe

johnaaronrose

Licensed User
Longtime User

Thank you. I just tried using my amended android.bat & find_java.bat etc. It didn't work. Perhaps I need to do exactly as in
HOW-TO: Installing MoSync and Android SDK on Ubuntu using Wine | MoSync Forum Topic

Is that what you did?

PS I also noticed that if you use SDK Manager to install the API for ICS (I think that it's 18) then it requires r21 tools. Did you do that?

johnaaronrose

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. I just tried using my amended android.bat & find_java.bat etc. It didn't work. Perhaps I need to do exactly as in
HOW-TO: Installing MoSync and Android SDK on Ubuntu using Wine | MoSync Forum Topic

Is that what you did?

PS I also noticed that if you use SDK Manager to install the API for ICS (I think that it's 18) then it requires r21 tools. Did you do that?

carlosvzz,

I've now done exactly as the MoSync method and ensuring that r21 tools were not downloaded. In addition to Android 2.3.3 api SDK Platform, I downloaded Android Support Library & Google USB driver as they were selected by default. However, I still had the same problem with AVD Manager. I'm baffled. I'm using Ubuntu 32 bit Precise. Any ideas?

I installed .Net2 & .Net2sp1 & .Net2sp2 using winetricks. I'm using Wine 1.5.2 from the Ubuntu Wine Team's ppa so that I could install .Net2sp1 & .Net2sp2. Did you install .Net2sp1 & .Net2sp2? Also, what version of Wine are you using?

Last edited:

carlosvzz

Licensed User
Longtime User
carlosvzz,

I've now done exactly as the MoSync method and ensuring that r21 tools were not downloaded. In addition to Android 2.3.3 api SDK Platform, I downloaded Android Support Library & Google USB driver as they were selected by default. However, I still had the same problem with AVD Manager. I'm baffled. I'm using Ubuntu 32 bit Precise. Any ideas?

I installed .Net2 & .Net2sp1 & .Net2sp2 using winetricks. I'm using Wine 1.5.2 from the Ubuntu Wine Team's ppa so that I could install .Net2sp1 & .Net2sp2. Did you install .Net2sp1 & .Net2sp2? Also, what version of Wine are you using?

I also followed the same instructions from the MoSync method.

I use Wine 1.5.15 (via Crossover, but it should work with wine too), and i have installed .Net 2.0 and .Net Service Pack 2

I got the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich API , downloading in another computer (with windows, and with the latest version from Java and Android SDK 21)... i just copy the folder from Platforms / android-14

i don't know what could be the problem in your computer , but i also had to try many times until finally got the correct installation.....

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi gobblegob,
My Strategy is different yours which used VirtualBox,I use Wine directly. But I have problem where is the license.txt should paste? Please feedback to me,Thank you