Share My Creation Bingo with source code

Hi, a simple Bingo caller with two screens to be used as I did, connected to a TV from the PC, the called screen is dragged onto the TV so players can see what has been called, it's a simple program with a lot of repetitive coding, I'm sure some of it could be minimised but I couldn't find a way and it works very well so I left it alone, it was used in my pub when we were open and enjoyed by many.

Attachments

• bingo caller.jpg
    bingo caller.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,572
  • bingo called.jpg
    bingo called.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 210
  • bingo caller2.jpg
    bingo caller2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 256
  • bingo called2.jpg
    bingo called2.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 193
  • bingo called3.jpg
    bingo called3.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 202
  • DITL Bingo.zip
    87.7 KB · Views: 236

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice job, Colin.
Are you going to take the next step and add the management of playes' cards?
I did it years ago for the Neapolitan Tombola and since then had family fun each Xmas.

ps: the boring part is recording the schema for each player's card, but luckily I hadn't so many to work on :)

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
udg I did write a program years ago that printed the Bingo cards, you entered the estimated number of players and it printed the bingo cards, it was written in Visual Basic, I'll resurrect it and re-write it in B4J and upload it to the forum, cheers

Reactions: udg

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Consider, if you have some spare time, the option for a B4A-B4i cards management "client" counterpart.
I mean, the player enters his/her card ID numbers and have on its phone/device what you generally print.
You could keep it simple (and somewhat funny), letting the player tap on the called numbers or go the whole automation route and set a system where the Bingo Caller unit sends a message (FCM? sockets?) which is received by the devices in order to update their local cards.
I prefer the manual route simply because a player is there to play..otherwise it will be his/her own device the one which plays :)