B4R Question Components - How long does it take for delivery?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Goodmorning to all of you... Trying to find what is wrong with my ESP32-CAM I have bought in May 24th from AliExpress some OV2640 Cameras. The cameras were delivered today October 19th. It is five full months minus 5 days. How much time does it take in your countries for the components you order to be delivered? Can it be the summer time in Greece with lots of tourists/goods going inside/outside the country or is it the new standard since the conflict in Ukrania?

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there..
I don' think it is because the tourist period...

Sometimes coming fast - other times... can took ~7months... Lately (the last 2 years) all the package from china to Greece (going at customs and sometimes get a call from them to pay more) - but AliExpress bypassing using EU-Address warehouses...

- Another thing is the cost of transporation (they are always waiting for fulling containers)
- And lately they have problem with all electronics... delay... of production (because of covid and lack of IC-chips.. etc)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the longest I had to wait for an item was 3 days. (Mind you I am far too lazy to search around for them, Amazon every time for me)

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the longest I had to wait for an item was 3 days. (Mind you I am far too lazy to search around for them, Amazon every time for me)

That's a big wow... The closest on-line Amazon store/warehouses to Greece is Italy and indeed it is much faster than AliExpress. Once in the past, I ordered from this store and it took 10 days more or less for the items to be delivered. Living in the UK, you are much luckier since Amazon has also warehouses there.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also according to Greek Post they were held in Greek Customs for almost 4 months. It seems they 've been busy or lazy or quite a few.

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also according to Greek Post they were held in Greek Customs for almost 4 months. It seems they 've been busy or lazy or quite a few.
I think if you pay something more... at AliExpress you can get it faster... also many "buyers" move from Ali to Banggood for faster delivery... but I am not sure if have components..

Upvote 0

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You always have to be careful what kind of shipping you choose.
I always choose leg shipping with tracking, it costs a little more, but then you are safer.
There are also products with 15days guaranteed delivery.

Upvote 0