iOS Question Device Build and Simulator Build, How to get Simulator Build

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by mcqueccu, Apr 24, 2019.

1. mcqueccu

mcqueccu Active Member Licensed User

I use B4I Hosted Builder to compile my apps, Am currently trying the apps on an online platform(appetize.io) that has other devices for preview and possible take screenshots from there.

But the platform keeps giving this error message

The Binary is Device Build, upload a simulator build.

Is there a way to get the simulator version of the app with the hosted builder?

Kope likes this.
  2. JanPRO

JanPRO Well-Known Member Licensed User

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Please don't modify the template when using the hosted builder.

I will add such an option in a future version.

This might help: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/ui-cloud-update.103429/#post-659041

emexes and mcqueccu like this.
  4. emexes

emexes Well-Known Member Licensed User

This would be great but, depending on the effort required, it might pay to check the appetize.io screenshots first. Best I can tell, they are of reduced size, ie not size required for listing on the App Store. And the screenshots arrive as visibly-artifacted JPEG, not lossless PNG. Similar issues with iPad screenshots for App Store too.

This is an iPhone XS for which the App Store wants a 1125x2436 pixel screenshot, but appetize.io provides 375x812.

But it has the notch, that's pretty impressive :)
    upload_2019-5-8_22-38-31.png

5. mcqueccu

mcqueccu Active Member Licensed User

How did you get your app to work on appetize.io?

6. emexes

emexes Well-Known Member Licensed User

I didn't get *my* app to work on appetize.io - I used the browser that is available in the demo. When that worked but came back with lo-res screenshots, I thought maybe if I register with the site and do it again whilst logged in, perhaps then the screenshots will be full-size, but... no.

I emailed Appetize yesterday about it, and they replied overnight:
    So close, yet so far :-/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice