iOS Question Device Build and Simulator Build, How to get Simulator Build

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use B4I Hosted Builder to compile my apps, Am currently trying the apps on an online platform(appetize.io) that has other devices for preview and possible take screenshots from there.

But the platform keeps giving this error message

The Binary is Device Build, upload a simulator build.

Is there a way to get the simulator version of the app with the hosted builder?

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Is there a way to get the simulator version of the app with the hosted builder?
I will add such an option in a future version.
This would be great but, depending on the effort required, it might pay to check the appetize.io screenshots first. Best I can tell, they are of reduced size, ie not size required for listing on the App Store. And the screenshots arrive as visibly-artifacted JPEG, not lossless PNG. Similar issues with iPad screenshots for App Store too.

This is an iPhone XS for which the App Store wants a 1125x2436 pixel screenshot, but appetize.io provides 375x812.

But it has the notch, that's pretty impressive :)
upload_2019-5-8_22-38-31.png

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
This would be great but, depending on the effort required, it might pay to check the appetize.io screenshots first. Best I can tell, they are of reduced size, ie not size required for listing on the App Store. And the screenshots arrive as visibly-artifacted JPEG, not lossless PNG. Similar issues with iPad screenshots for App Store too.

This is an iPhone XS for which the App Store wants a 1125x2436 pixel screenshot, but appetize.io provides 375x812.

But it has the notch, that's pretty impressive :)
View attachment 80203

How did you get your app to work on appetize.io?

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
How did you get your app to work on appetize.io?
I didn't get *my* app to work on appetize.io - I used the browser that is available in the demo. When that worked but came back with lo-res screenshots, I thought maybe if I register with the site and do it again whilst logged in, perhaps then the screenshots will be full-size, but... no.

I emailed Appetize yesterday about it, and they replied overnight:
We currently do not offer full resolution screenshot option. It is on our roadmap, and we will announce via Twitter (https://twitter.com/appetizeio) when we have it.
So close, yet so far :-/

Upvote 0