Wish Get Screenshot from hosted builder or iOS emulator tool for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Background: I finished developing my first B4I app with my testing device of iPhone 5s, I then used the screenshot resizer tool to generate other screenshot sizes for my app and uploaded to the app store. I got Metadata rejected because the images on larger screens look stretched in width. According to Apple resolution centre, the images were not from the correct device frame.

Wish: If it can be possible, can we get various screenshots from the hosted builder or get a tool that can emulate the various devices and generate the right screenshot for those who do not have a local mac or various devices to capture the correct screenshot for the device sizes.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is an interesting request but something that will require a lot of efforts to implement. It is not enough to run the app on a remote simulator. You also need to be able to interact with the remote simulator.

You can use such a service as an alternative: https://www.macincloud.com/

It will require some work as you will need to run B4i Builder on the remote Mac.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Macincloud is not Free. Can we use appetize.io
They have some devices for preview and screenshot taking.

I sometimes test apks there, but for iOS i tried uploading the B4I Release Archive zip but there was an error. This is their instruction for ios apps

For iOS, upload a .zip or .tar.gz file containing your compressed .app bundle
Your .app bundle must represent a simulator build of your app.
Look in ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/<project-name>/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/
Alternatively, you may run xcodebuild -sdk iphonesimulator in your project directory, then zip the .app bundle in build/Release-iphonesimulator/

is it possible to do this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.