Android Tutorial Installing Basic4android and Android SDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetran

ok, I used the 2.3.3 api(10)

if i make a program in emulator using the version (2.3.3), can i install it to my android phone which is android 4.0?

pluton

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, I used the 2.3.3 api(10)

if i make a program in emulator using the version (2.3.3), can i install it to my android phone which is android 4.0?

If you will use AdMob ads in your program then AdMob library requires Android SDK level 13 or above.

If you make your program it will work also on your phone version 4.0. Don't worry

Zeev Goldstein

Licensed User
Longtime User
help....

hi,
i crashed my pc and just installed it all back.
b4a is now on.
however i have a problem with installing or setting the adons - for example net - i get error on smtp
i copies net.jar & net.xml to libraries folder
i just forgot how to set it

it seems like it does not recognize the libraries folder
i did point to it in additional libraries, i also tried to copy it to another location - nothing helps

i think i am missing something, how do i add an external library ?
any help ??

-----------------------------------
GOT IT...
all OK

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
go to the libs panel
right click it and select refresh
then tag/select the library

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Install

Hi guys,

since a few minutes I have the full version installed :D

Reading "first steps" I installed Android and Java SDK in a path without blanks. At the first compile there was an error message to install b4a in a path without blanks either.

I fixed that by re-installing... but...

Why does the b4a installer suggest a path WITH blanks? By the way "Anywhere Software" is part of the suggested path and HAS a blank ;);););)

Greetings from Germany
Klaus Matlé

Last edited:

nicu31

Licensed User
Longtime User
windows 8

These instructions are outdated. Please see the instructions here instead: Basic4android (Basic for Android) - Android programming with Gui designer

Basic4android depends on two additional (free) components:
- Java JDK
- Android SDK

Installation instructions:
The first step should be to install the Java JDK v6 as Android SDK requires it as well.
Note that there is no problem with having several versions of Java installed on the same computer.

- Open the Java 6 JDK download link.
- Check the Accept License Agreement radio button.
- Select "Windows x86" in the platforms list (for 64 bit machines as well). Android SDK doesn't work with Java 64bit JDK. You should install the regular JDK for 64bit computers as well.
- Download the file and install it.

Next step is to install the Android SDK and a platform:

- Download Android SDK.
- Install the SDK. The SDK doesn't always behave properly when it is installed in a path with spaces (like Program Files). It is recommended to install it to a custom folder similar to C:\Android.
- You should now install the platform tools and at least one platform image. You can use API 8 or above. It is recommended to use API 8.
You can also install Google USB Driver if you need to connect a real device with USB.

20110329_2.png

Note that you can install more packages later.

- Press on Install Selected and install both packages.

Install and configure Basic4android

- Download and install Basic4android.
- Open Basic4android.
- Choose Tools menu - Configure Paths.

configure_paths_updated2.png

- Use the browse buttons to locate "javac.exe" and "android.jar"
javac is located under <java folder>\bin.
android.jar is located under <android-sdk-windows>\platforms\android-8

On Windows 64 bit, Java will probably be installed under C:\Program Files (x86).

Follow the second tutorial for the emulator setup and a Hello World application.

Common errors
- Windows XP - "Basic4Android.exe Application could not be initialised correctly error 0xc0000135" on startup. Basic4android requires .Net Framework 2.0 or above. Windows XP users who didn't install it before should first install the framework.

"Basic4android requires .Net Framework 2.0 or above. " well in windows 8 for install Basic4android i need .net framework 3.5 to make the installer work , so windows 8 's .net framework 4 will not help you to make it work(installation).

can you update any patch there to make it work with 4,so i will happy to uninstall .net framework 3.5 that's slowing my computer

Hubert Brandel

Licensed User
Longtime User
After reinstalling B4A on my new laptop, I have to say ...

The new install instruction ist perfekt ! :)

Last edited:

PhilipBrown

Licensed User
Longtime User
Should AVD Target = Android 2.2 SDK (API Level 8)?

You should still use Android 2.2 SDK (API Level 8).
Your applications will work correctly on Android 2.3 as well.

I read somewhere that when creating an Android Virtual Devices (AVD) the target should always be set to "Android 2.2 - API Level 8" since B4A is designed to compile to that API.

Is this still correct?

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can create a folder anywhere on your system, and call it whatever you like.

Then in B4A go to Tools, Configure Paths ... and browse to the folder you created.

IanWardell

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can create a folder anywhere on your system, and call it whatever you like.

Then in B4A go to Tools, Configure Paths ... and browse to the folder you created.

But what goes in there? the other android API versions?

I used Java before this on eclipse so I'm semi familiar with the concepts... just kinda feeling my way around b4a still

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.