Other Java code first steps

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello team,

I think many users in this forum(like me) are interested in creating wrappers and extend this forum even more. Two days before i was in need for HMS wrapper and (thank God) Erel did it for me-members! So many years i am thinking about myself asking for wrappers and hanging from other developers if they have time creating a library for my needs. That is something making me feel sad and it cut my wings as a developer.

Couple of months i read java for android development in order to have minimum knowledge to create a wrapper. So i have read couple of posts about creating a wrapper:
[java] Creating libraries for B4A
[java] Video tutorial - Creating a simple library
Create a wrapper library with Android Studio

According to these instructions, i am able to start developing a wrapper but i don't know what my java code should contain. I know that every library is different and have it's own methods.

I am asking if anyone in this forum is available creating some mini tutorials (video or post). Showing us where should we start with java code? What should we write? How can java methods contact with b4a methods? Covering the most common parts about library wrappers maybe can help us start building our own wrappers.

If i missed something searching about library wrap where shows the very first steps for java code, feel free to inform me. It will be really helpful for me.

Thank you for your time reading my thoughts

Last edited:

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am asking if anyone in this forum is available creating some mini tutorials (video or post). Showing us where should we start with java code? What should we write? How can java methods contact with b4a methods? Covering the most common parts about library wrappers maybe can help us start building our own wrappers.

When wrapping views I used to start with this java code by @DonManfred

It can be adapted to many other objects.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will share a secret: with the exception of very specialized libraries such as DJI drone SDK, I no longer create Java / Objective C based libraries.
I find it easier to write whatever I can in B4X directly and if needed use JavaObject or inline Java / OBJC to access a native API. The library is then packed as a b4xlib library.
It is much easier to write B4X code, the result in many cases is cross platform and the developer can modify the library if needed.
This is also true for complex libraries such as XLUtils.