B4J Question JBDC pool connections: how to use correctly ?

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HI, All

If a B4J server app (works on a Host1 of a LAN) uses a big MySQL database on a dedicated Host0 (of this LAN), and also planned to make other apps on different hostsX (and connecting to the same Host0 db) - how correctly to use the connections pool to avoid errors ?

There are tons of subs inside the app where the DB is used - is a new connection to be opened at each sub and closed at sub finish ?

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My MySQL server is a separate Ubuntu 20.04 PC (let it be "server") in the same LAN together with my developer laptop.
My project app is a server non-UI app that i run at server.
Test app is the UI app (of @amykonio) that started at my laptop and trying to connect to MySQL of the server. And failed yet.

Upvote 0

amykonio

Licensed User
Longtime User
My MySQL server is a separate Ubuntu 20.04 PC (let it be "server") in the same LAN together with my developer laptop.
My project app is a server non-UI app that i run at server.
Test app is the UI app (of @amykonio) that started at my laptop and trying to connect to MySQL of the server. And failed yet.
In that case, MySQL is set to accept connections from remote pc's? (@Magma was right).
Have you tried to connect to MySQL using for example workbench from your laptop?

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
MySQL server is OK with Adminer, as i described here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/sqlite-or-mysql-database.155180/
But Adminer is the PHP software installed also at the same server, and it works OK with the DB using the same project DB user.

No idea what remote software to use for remote connection to MySQL for sure...
Found the "workbench", thanks, trying.

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1697203352446.png

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
at ubuntu + mysql server:
sudo ufw enable
sudo ufw allow mysql

also...
Edit the "bind-address" directive in /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf:
bind-address = 127.0.0.1 ( The default. )
bind-address = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX ( The ip address of your Public Net interface. )
bind-address = ZZZ.ZZZ.ZZZ.ZZZ ( The ip address of your Service Net interface. )
bind-address = 0.0.0.0 ( All ip addresses. )

restart and at the end set the right priveleges at the users...

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After the Tests... you must protect the port from outside... and not only

you can see a solution made old days... but need to make it work at debian / ubuntu ...

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually we just set up once more access way, but it's maybe not related the connections pool...

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually we just set up once more access way, but it's maybe not related the connections pool...
If had windows at server side... will see if that using the same pool... (at taskmgr)

at debian.... i don;t remember how to check the proccess... to see the pools running...

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wait For is needed in a jServer handler
My app structure:
  1. Several simple handlers with simple web-forms for settings
  2. Several ABM-pages for Admin interface and data explorer interface
  3. Separate classes for APIs (to control the Python sub-system for recognition and Web-API to work with external public server) and work with files ("black box" file system)
  4. DButils2 module for MySQL DB and 2 SQLite DBs
  5. And the Main module that contains timers for background loops.
Handlers are without WaitFor, but all other modules\classes with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
my simple testing application

Thanks again for the test application - it, at last, started to work at my side 😊

1000 records are being inserted by the connections pool during ... maybe 2 minutes !!!11 Interesting that in Release and Debug mode - almost the same SLOW speed.
But works without errors.
So, it looks like the pool is working...but very slow...but working ;)
1697211620997.png

Upvote 0

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
sudo ufw allow 59812
sudo ufw allow 8937
sudo ufw allow 8938

If the debugger fails to connect to the remote machine then you should open the following ports for incoming connections:
59812, 8937 and 8938

Upvote 0