Games My Platform Game :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i am working for the last 4 days on a Box2d + Libgdx Platform Game.
I have learned a lot on the last days and i am really exited making this game.

there is a lot work to do but i am happy with the result.

i have already implemented:

- shooting
- elevators
- collision stuff
- tilemap loading
- bodies creating (code modules)
- animations
- camera scrolling
- parallax background scrolling
- knight animation (run, idle, die, fall, jump, fly! (yes the knight will also fly after drinking energy drink :p)
- and much more...

not everything i listed above is shown in the video since i have recorded only level1 but everything is really working!

i believe i will need about 2 month to finish that game. it is not simple at all to make a box2d game. you need a lot patience (something that i dont really have o_O)

Tell me what you think. ;)

link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.pknight

( latest video: )

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the game run smooth not like on the video. the fps on the video is less the 60 i guess.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice, Ilan.

I would try immediately with sounds, to not have surprises after.

Can you give more definition to the knight and coins? Or is it a choice (pixel knight)?

Chains must go up?

Last... what is this:
upload_2016-11-2_18-2-0.png

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
would try immediately with sounds, to not have surprises after

Sounds will be implemented in a later phase. no surprise should happen. i have already used sound in my libgdx games.

Can you give more definition to the knight and coins? Or is it a choice (pixel knight)?

Yes its a choice (pixel arts)

Chains must go up?

Yes its only decoration

Last... what is this:

AZScreenrecorder an android app that record your screen.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@ilan, I see you're making great progress in regards to LibGDX / Box2D. :)

One remark, if I may... Are you using texture filtering? Because your graphics look blurry. From an artistic point of view, texture filtering destroys the whole purpose of having a pixelated look.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if you are watching the video on a 32" lcd then of course it will look blurry and also the video is not HD.
i have purchased those graphics and they should have a pixel look. they look very nice on a 10" tablet and on my samsung galaxy s5

i have purchased a lot graphics with higher quality. after i will finish this platform game i will make another platform game with different graphics.
i design my code so i can use it in other box2d games (thats not that easy, but i make very good progress)

i am now working on the menu, the game mechanics are very good after i finish the level selection menu i will start adding new cool stuff.
then i only have to add new levels what should be very simple with Tiled because i create there also object and my code know how to handle them so it will be
almost a drag and drop process for me :)

i must say i felt in love with box2d and libgdx. you get great result with it. it is not always simple you have to google a lot and read a lot tutorials (and i dont like to read) but you have a lot satisfaction when everything runs well on your phone.

i have about 4-5 box2d games in mind i want to publish in 2017.

i will also open a different google account where i will put only games (box2d games)

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Youtube reports HD 720p60 (the same as in my videos)...
So... do you have texture filtering on?

By the way, where do you purchase game art? Pixel art isn't quite my style, but those assets do look great! :)

After my KZ2D project, I'm also aiming to embrace something new. I'd love to jump into Box2D as well, but as my time is really limited, I think I'm going to embrace 3D instead (jPCT and/or OpenGL).

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No i am not using it but what should be the purpose for such an act if it will make your graphics blurry?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Because your graphics look blurry

you are so right wonder, i did a very big mistake.
i scaled the picture in GIMP with an Interpolation (CUBIC)
choosing NONE would keep the image as is and only resize it. since it is pixel art you wont get any blur effect or loose quality.

so i have resized again ALL images and now it looks really pixel perfect :)
thanx for pointing me to that issue.

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems a winner !! One thing that I notice on video: when shooting, if shooting direction is towards right, arrow image is ok, but when shooting to left, the arrow's image is the same (must be rotated 180º)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems a winner !! One thing that I notice on video: when shooting, if shooting direction is towards right, arrow image is ok, but when shooting to left, the arrow's image is the same (must be rotated 180º)

u r right, i noticed that few days ago and it is already fixed. the problem is i dont see very well small details. especially on small devices so i even not noticed the knight been blurry until wonder informed me about it. i think i need to check my glasses :confused: